Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/02/14, 11:33 AM   #1
BakuryuuTyranno
Putty Patroller

Default Tommy could be a Time Lord

What if the Kyoryuger adaptation was set in the future and Tommy was about 60 and became a Ranger and tried to morph, but he did so so slowly that the MotW attack him, and suddenly he regenerated into a younger man?

It could work. The BrachioZord could be his TARDIS. That could be why it barely fought. And why it could hold more Zords than most footage would suggest.

The PRDT Tommy, who couldn't have earned a doctorate so fast since Turbo, could actually him from a few years earlier. And the time travel could've left him a bit confused, hence why he considers "Brontosaurus" an actual dinosaur.

Also the PRZ Christmas special could take place on the day it originally aired, as Tommy could've brought old him and old Kat back to 1996.

Oh and the "sacrifice the Zords" moment in PRDT could he couldn't risk changing the future by having them intact.
BakuryuuTyranno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/14, 12:50 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Tommy could be a Time Lord

I disagree with everything there.

I don't like the idea of another season being set in the future.

Also I don't believe Tommy would morph that slow... he's too athletic to be that slow at such a high age.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/14, 01:12 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

I'm a Time Lord You're a Time Lord, We're all Time Lords.

Seriously though yeah I'm not sure about making random characters Time Lords for no reason.

Personally I would rather have Trent as American Torin, and they could adapt the three way Zyuranger/Abaranger/Kyoryuger team up, and bring back Austin St. John as Jason, and James Napier as Conner.

And then years from now if Toei makes another dinosaur themed Sentai whoever's American Kyoryu Gold will be the mentor.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/14, 01:47 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I know Funaroverse used to have a factiod about Tommy being a Timelord because of the time loop episode. Since Tommy knew something was wrong in that episode.

I personally don't think Doctor Who and PR are in the same universe. I can see why people make that connection. Since both have fantastical and imaginative stories. Original Doctor Who was also a children's show.

But at the end of the day I don't think the two shows are in the same universe. Tommy isn't a Timelord just.a remarkable human being.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/14, 02:04 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

I think it's because Power Rangers Lost Galaxy once made a throw away line about passing a certain solar system or galaxy which in Doctor Who is the location of Galifrey.

And in the Doctor Who expanded universe there's a reference to the Doctor teaming up with a wizard named Zordon.

Then again In Space also made a reference to Degobah, and MMPR made references to Darth Vader, and Batman.

And I know Marvel made comics for Power Rangers, Star Wars, and Doctor Who

So take that how you want.

I think best case scenario if the BBC, and Saban brands felt like it we would get a one off crossover or something.

Last edited by Zabitan; 12/02/14 at 08:04 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/14, 02:15 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah those allusions too. But TV shows do that a lot has a inside nod or joke and aren't necessarily same universe. A lot of Scifi writers are fans of Doctor Who.

If there was ever a crossover it would be in comic form. With Doctor Who being from another universe. Doctor Who did do a team up with Star Trek in comic form. Anything's possible.... Star Trek and X-Men even teamed up in comic form.
Old 12/02/14, 08:22 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I know Funaroverse used to have a factiod about Tommy being a Timelord because of the time loop episode. Since Tommy knew something was wrong in that episode.

I personally don't think Doctor Who and PR are in the same universe. I can see why people make that connection. Since both have fantastical and imaginative stories. Original Doctor Who was also a children's show.

But at the end of the day I don't think the two shows are in the same universe. Tommy isn't a Timelord just.a remarkable human being.
I don't know if I'm just having a brain fart or what but I don't remember any time loop episodes that Tommy was central in realizing what was going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I think it's because Power Rangers Lost Galaxy once made a throw away line about passing a certain solar system or galaxy which in Doctor Who is the location of Galifrey. And in the Doctor Who expanded universe there's a reference to the Doctor teaming up with a wizard named Zordon. Then again In Space also made a reference to Degobah, and MMPR made references to Darth Vader, and Batman. And I know Marvel made comics for Power Rangers, Star Wars, and Doctor Who So take that how you want. I think best case scenario if the BBC, and Saban brands felt like it we would get a one off crossover or something.
I don't know exactly what references you are referring to but I do remember T.J. referencing the Degobah system.
Old 12/02/14, 11:51 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

It was during MMPR season 3 I think. The Rangers kept repeating things and Tommy was the only one that felt strange about it.
Old 12/03/14, 11:53 AM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Ah... I think I remember that now and actually I think that was Zeo.
Post New ThreadReply