Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/06/15, 11:50 AM   #1
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default The way Megaforce could have been good

They should have had Melkor escape from a dumpster to conquer Earth. The Rangers could have been a new generation of teens attending Angel Grove High. Troy was actually fine since he was like Jason in a way. Noah needed to wear overalls. Emma should have been into gymnastics.. Jake should have been an expert at hip hop kiddo. Gia could have been more like Trini. Gosei could have been a new form of Zordon. I would have had the juice bar in it and two bumbling punks. There should have been a lot of slapstick to go with the Ranger action.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/15, 04:08 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The way Megaforce could have been good

No.

Simply put no. Megaforce needed to be its own thing and not be MMPR.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/15, 04:37 PM   #3
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I think you're changes are pretty superficial. Megaforce was already drawing a lot from MMPR. I don't see how those changes would make things better. You had to have some originality. It wasn't gonna be a literal remake of MMPR.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/15, 04:40 PM   #4
Destiny Defeated
Power Ranger

You're letting your nostalgia interfere with your enjoyment with the show again. I am very surprised Megaforce isn't one of youre favs. Since you are always talking about wantiing a return to MMPR. Megaforce is the closest you're gonna get.
Destiny Defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/15, 10:43 PM   #5
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I think Megaforce was already like MMPR. Thats why its one of the few recent seasons I can get into. I do wish they showed the old Rangers more in Super Megaforce. But overall Megaforce was a good throw back to MMPR.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/15, 10:27 PM   #6
Terra Venture
Putty Patroller

Megaforce had potential. But the lack originality from the sentai really hurt things. The stuff that was original was actually pretty good. I think it swuld have been better with 40 eps. Super Megaforce had the same cast but jumped to another sentai and rushed the anniversary stuff.
Terra Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/15, 10:34 PM   #7
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

I wonder how good Megaforce would have been if Lynn was in charge. I would think that the quality would have continued after "Mega Mission"'. Instead of crashing and burning.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/15, 12:22 AM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember View Post
I think you're changes are pretty superficial. Megaforce was already drawing a lot from MMPR. I don't see how those changes would make things better. You had to have some originality. It wasn't gonna be a literal remake of MMPR.
I completely agree. We already had a head without a body being their Mentor like Zordon was, we already had a robotic helper to help them out in Tensou like the Alpha robots were, we had them hanging out at Ernie's, we had them going to a Smoothie-like place that had a guy named Ernie in charge of it and was presumably the owner the only difference is that Ernie's Brain Freeze was named Ernie's whereas the Youth Center was just the Youth Center it wasn't Ernie's Youth Center also on top of which they had lines that were almost borrowed from Day of the Dumpster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Defeated View Post
You're letting your nostalgia interfere with your enjoyment with the show again. I am very surprised Megaforce isn't one of youre favs. Since you are always talking about wantiing a return to MMPR. Megaforce is the closest you're gonna get.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
I think Megaforce was already like MMPR. Thats why its one of the few recent seasons I can get into. I do wish they showed the old Rangers more in Super Megaforce. But overall Megaforce was a good throw back to MMPR.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Venture View Post
Megaforce had potential. But the lack originality from the sentai really hurt things. The stuff that was original was actually pretty good. I think it swuld have been better with 40 eps. Super Megaforce had the same cast but jumped to another sentai and rushed the anniversary stuff.
I completely agree. Them following the Sentai so much really hurt the season but them needing to use 2 Sentai series for Megaforce was also damaging to the Megaforce seasons as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
I wonder how good Megaforce would have been if Lynn was in charge. I would think that the quality would have continued after "Mega Mission"'. Instead of crashing and burning.
I think it would have been a lot better.
Old 03/09/15, 01:05 AM   #9
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

I though Megaforce was fine the way it was. It took PR back to high school and gave us typical teens as heroes. The characters were strong and the series was fun. It had plenty of action and felt like Power Rangers. I really dug the MMPR throw backs. But it was good that they didn't take over the show.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/15, 01:17 AM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosei Gold View Post
I though Megaforce was fine the way it was. It took PR back to high school and gave us typical teens as heroes. The characters were strong and the series was fun. It had plenty of action and felt like Power Rangers. I really dug the MMPR throw backs. But it was good that they didn't take over the show.
My issues were as follows:
  1. Gosei barely did anything.
  2. Only the Gosei Ultimate was given an explanation as to where it came from - it wasn't ready and Tensou had to work on it everything else Gosei just pulled from his non-existent butt.
  3. Gosei had no knowledge of the villains so his explanation of The Armada just didn't work at all.
  4. Too much Sentai footage for a season that was supposed to be original.
  5. Admiral Malkor was a waste for a leader... Vrak was more of a leader compared to Malkor. Malkor did nothing at all. I can't even pick who is worse Xandred or Malkor.
  6. Using Dairanger and pre-Zyu powers for Legendary Morphs. Focus on the actual POWER RANGERS that we had for Legendary Morphs instead of just caring about the stuff that was only shown in Japan and nowhere else.
  7. Vekar being inconsistent. He was written for one episode with a decent character but the next episode he goes to his Sentai personality and keeps that for the rest of the season which just makes him look even worse than Lothor.
  8. Legendary Battle not even being legendary. I mean come on we're supposed to believe that foot soldiers are seriously that big of a threat?
  9. On top of that Legendary Battle comment I mean seriously come on we're supposed to believe that not every warrior in Power Rangers actually came by to help out? Where were the other 6th Rangers? Where were the Extra Warriors and Extra Rangers like Ninjor, Auric, Blue Senturion, Phantom Ranger, Kat Ranger, Nova Ranger and even Sentinel Knight among others?
  10. Where's the explanation for why Jake's Super Mega Mode is a different color?
Post New ThreadReply