Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/25/08, 09:37 AM   #11
LePage
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Yeah, it was either on Rangerboard or in an episode of Rangercast ( or both).
Found it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Funaro View Post
Adding Dino Earth, or making Dino Earth seminal to the seasonal storyline in the DT we had, would suck. You'd lose so much of what made DT its own entity that it would be a horrible loss. No school, no social lives, nothing. If we're picking up the season again after Thunder Struck, sure. The energy-dino finisher opened up a dimensional rift to an alternate universe where Mesogog proceeded to take over the entire world in short order by enslaving its reptilian inhabitants. Or even do a Marky Mark-PotA riff, and say there's a time dilation field and Mesogog has been on Dino Earth for centuries/millennia.

If Dino Earth is a mechanism for other storylines, I don't have a problem with it. Introducing Dino Earth as a key part of the mythos for DT at the onset I have a tremendous problem with, because it's the same always-on-theme crap PR pulls every season to make it impossible for the cast to simply be their own people or have adventures that are off-theme for the year. Once the season's over and they've graduated, I don't have a problem with them having adventures on an alternate Earth.
LePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/08, 03:59 PM   #12
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

i wish saban do oringial story line of time force [timeranger] - nadia disuted as alex in time force
Old 07/11/08, 07:24 PM   #13
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Simango, there's no point to any of that when people can easily just download Super Sentai series.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/11, 03:21 AM   #14
MMPRGreen
Comic Relief

Default Re: Power Rangers Prequels Ideas

I am all for Zyu being dubbed in English, I found the episodes on yt with subtitles only.
MMPRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/11, 05:32 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

I'd love to get some kind of Super Sentai DVDs that we're subbed and dubbed. Even if they we're a limited release.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/11, 02:35 AM   #16
smallfish
Putty Patroller

I think he is talking about adapting the Sentai Footage from before Zuyranger. Another company couldn't do it, Disney made sure they have the rights to all the pre Zyuranger footage. To protect themselves from another company doing just that.
Old 03/27/11, 10:39 AM   #17
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfish View Post
I think he is talking about adapting the Sentai Footage from before Zuyranger. Another company couldn't do it, Disney made sure they have the rights to all the pre Zyuranger footage. To protect themselves from another company doing just that.
Toei would probably have to release themselves. Most likely working with Saban Brands. Who now own the rights to Power Rangers.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/11, 02:08 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

It would be interesting if they actuallly did a prequel type of idea in which they ended up showing all of the pre-Zyuranger stuff but it wouldn't really work. Granted Saban Brands is in charge now but according to what some people have stated, Saban wouldn't ever support any kind of dub. It's been claimed that Jonathan Tzachor wanted Power Rangers Samurai to be a dub but Saban wouldn't allow it so a dub wouldn't work.

Now a short live action series would work but how would you really handle it? It would have to feature editing like they did with Masked Rider or Beetleborgs since it's doubtful any of the monster and zord suits are still usuable for a production. The Ranger suits wouldn't be a concern since Power Rangers typically makes their own Ranger suits anyway.

Not to mention like PRangerX said, the footage would be pretty old as well so there wouldn't be a whole lot that you would be able to show off.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/11, 12:27 AM   #19
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

15 prequel shows would be a stupid investment.

15 prequel 1 hour specials using all new footage would be better but still probably stupid in the long run when all you have to do is edit out or reshoot when they use pre-Zyu suits in Gokaiger or any other movies they might adapt for PR.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply