Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/05/20, 10:40 AM   #1
Super Cena
Power Ranger

Default Why did Zordon let the Rangers leave?

It seems odd that he encouraged them to pursue there dreams outside of being a Ranger. I understand that he would encourage them to better themselves. But not to the point that they would actually leave the team when Earth was in danger. It made no sense. The only time it made sense to really replace a Ranger was when Rocky got hurt. And the fact Justin worked out made it okay for Rocky to retire. But sending the Rangers to a peace conference and letting Kimberly go to compete in gymnastics? Now that I think of it Aisha had a good excuse since she had to save the the land of the African Tribe. I won't get on them about Billy since he wasn't a Ranger. Although it seems odd that he would leave the his duties as tech guy with the Earth threatened by the Machines. It was really bizarre that Zordon and Dimitria let the original Turbo's go in the middle of the conflict with Divatox. Especially when Zordon had to know the UAE was preparing to strike.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 09:25 AM   #2
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why did Zordon let the Rangers leave?

They had to make all of those changes because the cast members protaying those characters either wanted to leave or were fired or just basically walked out. Austin, Thuy and Walter walked out due to a pay dispute. Amy Jo wanted out because she wanted to persue new projects. Same goes for Karan and Steve, but it's David Yost who went trough crap on the Zeo set and just decided to leave one day. Which was the right choice anyway for many reasons which I fully support.

Of course their characters wouldn't just walk away. The writers had to write them off because they had no cast member to potray them. They had no choice but to do what they did, because the show must go on. Which means that Billy, Rocky, Aisha, Kimberly, Zack, Trini and Jason probably contributed their part during a world crisis, it's just that we didn't see it.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 12:21 PM   #3
Super Cena
Power Ranger

Right, I was looking more for a in continuity excuse. But your right that they could have done things off screen.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 12:26 PM   #4
Zordon's Legacy Exposed
Power Ranger

Zordon got rid of Jason, Zack, and Trini because they were no longer following his orders unquestionablly. Which threatened Zordon's control of the team. He wanted mindless soldiers who would carry out all his orders. So he made sure they were on the peace conference. The same thing happened with Kimberly so he made sure she left for the Pan Am Global Games. Aisha and Rocky were their own decisions. But Zordon figured he could control Tanya . Zordon had to make Justin a Ranger to make sure the other's identities weren't exposed. Either Justin would die in the mission or Zordon would keep him under control. Zordon let the Turbos go because they were getting older and would soon start thinking more independently. This is why Zordon deals primarily with teens.
Zordon's Legacy Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 10:33 PM   #5
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I don't buy that. Zordon just simply believed in letting his Rangers pursue other opportunities. He knew there were other young humans who could take their place. Ultimately his teams would get better with new personal to bring a fresh perspective and the departing Rangers could better themselves. Plus it wasn't impossible for them to come back in an emergency.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 10:34 PM   #6
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

I think Zordon was building an army of Rangers for the unavoidable war with the UAE.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 10:35 PM   #7
Dino Guts
Putty Patroller

Tommy almost allows the same thing when he lets Conner considering leaving the team for the soccer club.
Dino Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 10:37 PM   #8
Ranger Master
Ranger In Training

Zordon Exposed is right Zordon made sure the Rangers he thought would be problems were eliminated. He needed loyal soldiers if he was going to win his war and eventually conquer the universe.
Ranger Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 10:39 PM   #9
Ranger Black
Comic Relief

I always thought it was bizarre that the Rangers would usually leave for such mundane reasons. Aisha had a good excuse and Rocky got hurt.
Ranger Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/20, 10:40 PM   #10
Ranger Eagle
Putty Patroller

I know this is mostly in canon. But with the early cast changes there wasn't much they could do. Even with having advance knowledge of Amy's exit, what else do you do to write her off?
Ranger Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply