Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/14/14, 07:50 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Why is Angel Grove a british colony in "Return of the Green Ranger?

It makes no sense since Angel Grove is in California. Which would have been under Spanish control. Yet we see British Soldiers and the colony is clearly British.

I know Funaro had a theory years ago that it was really another demension created by the Wizard of Deception based off the people of the real angel grove. Which why wesee the Bulk, Skull doppleganers ( a long with the girl Adam meets). Also explains why they cant morph like Kimberly is later able to do in the Wild West version of Angel Grove. And creates the interesting implication that Zordon may have actually condemned the Tommy clone to death when he had the wand destroyed. If you assume his allusions would dissapear.

Another posssibility is that it was really the past. And for some reason the area is under British control in PRU history. This is a universe where people can breath on the moon and Silvy even breaths in space in one episode.

Or even crazier it was some sort of secret colony? Perhaps indirectly founded and protected by Zordon ? Of course Zordon isnt accissible in that time period like he is in kim's later.adventure. But we know Zordon was on year for at least 1000 years.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 08:02 PM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Why is Angel Grove a british colony in "Return of the Green Ranger?

That makes sense.

My guess was either it was just a weird "Power Rangers is an alternate universe where because aliens, monsters, robots, magic, and seemingly everything else is real it caused ripple effects on the otherwise "normal" stuff.

So as result California's now a former British colony.

Otherwise the same reason the Super Megaforce Rangers could morph into pre Zyuranger Sentai Rangers: They just didn't care.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 08:04 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Otherwise the same reason the Super Megaforce Rangers could morph into pre Zyuranger Sentai Rangers: They just didn't care.
That was gonna be the fourth option lol.
Old 12/15/14, 12:17 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

I personally like to go with the theory than they just opted to go with it actually being the past and they just had it be under British control instead of it being under Spanish control.

It's possible they opted to do this because the British outfits could look a lot cooler than the Spanish ones do... but I have never seen any outfits of Spanish soldiers so I can't really say anything in regards to that... at least I don't think I have.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:55 AM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Probably because people think of the united states being under British Control. Or they just wanted to do British Colony period piece.
Old 12/15/14, 12:11 PM   #6
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

I really like it. PR is supposed to be over the top and funny. Having a spanish colony be British screams like something MMPR would do. Since it was so funny and over the top. It was funny seeing Skull as a British Officer.

I dont think Zordon let Tommy's clone cease to exist. That would be a much too dark storyline for MMPR. Its just supposed be fun. I don't like that idea.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply