Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/12/15, 02:00 PM   #1
redspdranger
Putty Patroller

Default Are we repeating storylines in power rangers

Hi guys ! Many of you guys will be waiting for dino charge to premiere, even i'm waiting and getting impatient as when february month is gonna come. I have high hopes that judd lynn will take power rangers to heights again especially after megaforce and samurai disasters. That's fine but don't you think the storyline of power rangers dino charge has already been done before. Finding and protecting 12 energems from the bounty hunter which was once protected by dinosaurs. Don't you think we have heard similar storyline before. Yes it was operation overdrive where rangers had to find and protect 12 jewels of corora aurora crown from evil villains. Saban has been repeating the storylines since they took over from disney. Samurai and super samurai storylines is quite normal and it has been done before with according to me mystic force being the closest similar season. Both had red rangers in a glorified role,both had to prevent evil from taking over the world. And megaforce, super megaforce this aliens invading the earth is heard many times almost in all the power rangers. Atleast disney in their era brought a fresh air to the franchisee. We had couple of unique power rangers storylines which i found it creative, especially operation overdrive and rpm although former failed but latter became a blasting hit. RPM took a unbeaten path which i found it a great step for power rangers in future. But saban is still trying to bring in the same old storylines which may be fine for now but not in the near future. Its true that now at this stage when power rangers is facing severe criticism from fans, i would not like them to do something dramatically different and new this season, but 4 - 5 years down the line we need creative and different storyline for power rangers to survive.
redspdranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/15, 10:26 PM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Are we repeating storylines in power rangers

Power Rangers has always repeated itself. Ever since Space we have gotten quite a few sibling storylines. Sixth Rangers are often times the lone wolf type. For the past decade or so we always have new weapons or zords being added. The Red Ranger is usually an unorthadox type who ends up being a natural leader. There is usually a lot of the same archtypes when the characters are concerned.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/15, 01:16 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

While it's true that the Energems thing sounds familiar Power Rangers will always be a series to repeat storylines especially after having some 20 seasons but you actually need to check your files because Overdrive only needed to find 5 jewels.

While you think Overdrive was a failure I don't. That's most of Turbo, most of Samurai, most of Megaforce and most of Super Megaforce.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 06:07 PM   #4
VR Master
Power Ranger

PR is based off a Japanese series that resets itself every year. I think thats part of why PR falls into this trap. Plus after awhile its easy to repeat things.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 06:09 PM   #5
Sailor Danger
Comic Relief

I don't mind if the show repeats itself. As long as its done right. There needs to be enough original ideas. Also you can rework things.
Sailor Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/15, 04:21 PM   #6
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

Thats true with a lot of shows though. TV Providers like it so new viewers can jump right in without having to catch up.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply