Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/27/15, 11:21 PM   #11
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: Kendall

Why should PR be there to teach kids lessons? Can someone please explain this to me. Why should television be a baby sitter. I know you can't have PR be rated R. But this shoving lessons down our throats approach has been so annoying. Its been killing the show for years.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 12:29 AM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
I know whats next, you start agreeing with me when I don't like a DC episode? lol
probably either that or you liking an episode and me not liking it.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 12:30 AM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Why should PR be there to teach kids lessons? Can someone please explain this to me. Why should television be a baby sitter. I know you can't have PR be rated R. But this shoving lessons down our throats approach has been so annoying. Its been killing the show for years.
no it hasn't been just because you don't like the approach doesn't mean it's been killing the show for years. This type of approach has been happening ever since the series began.
Old 03/03/15, 05:25 PM   #14
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

The Space through WF years were not like this. They never rammed the lesson of the day down our throats. And the characters were mostly good. Every since Disney the storylines are mostly pc nonsense and the characters are usually written like morons.
Old 03/04/15, 03:22 AM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
The Space through WF years were not like this. They never rammed the lesson of the day down our throats. And the characters were mostly good. Every since Disney the storylines are mostly pc nonsense and the characters are usually written like morons.
that's because your love of the seasons is clouding your judgment of them. Every season has rammed moral lessons into at least one or two episodes.

The Disney seasons - most of them weren't written like morons. Dustin was that's for sure but he was meant to be a moron. That's funny Dr. Viktor Adler who became so consumed in jealousy that he ate the seeds of the Ancient Master Org and murdered 2 humans and attempted to murder Cole... you call that PC?
That's funny I didn't know Vexacus was PC... you call a traitor who is trying to overthrow as well as destroy Lothor PC?
That's hilarious that you think Mesogog, a mutant lizard with a Jekyll and Hyde complex is PC.
Broodwing is PC? That's funny that you think someone that gets paid for supplying weapons of mass destruction is PC.

Like I keep on saying your ego is so massive that you can't see anything except for what you want to see even though technically you could find moral lessons in practically every single episode if you try hard enough. A lot of the Season 1 episodes more or less give you the moral lesson to "Never Give Up" even if it looks like all hope is lost you still shouldn't give up.

and you can't say "Space-WF" since WF is Disney it's not Saban.
Also on top of which the storylines have been good.

Wild Force had an awesome storyline involving Taylor, Cole and Master Org.
I'll kinda give you Ninja Storm since while it did have a storyline it didn't go anywhere until the Thunder Rangers got into the action.
Dino Thunder did have brief storylines especially involving Tommy, Zeltrax, the White Ranger and Mesogog.
SPD didn't have much of a storyline so you're right there and SPD did tend to be inconsistent at times.
Mystic Force did have a storyline but it was mostly focused around Nick, Udonna, Koragg, Daggeron and Leanbow.
Overdrive did have a storyline but it was mostly all about their adventures searching for the 5 jewels to the Corona Aurora.
Jungle Fury didn't have much of a storyline.
RPM didn't have a storyline at all.
Samurai didn't have a storyline at all.
Megaforce didn't have a storyline at all.

Dino Charge doesn't have enough episodes in the pot to make that call at the moment.
Old 03/04/15, 11:02 AM   #16
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

WF feels like a Saban season to me since it had mostly the same production staff as Space-WF. NS is when Disney ruined Power Rangers. And Saban Brands failed to recapture the magic.

I liked the Master Org stuff. The last great villain besides first half Venjix. Vexacus was all bark and no bite. Look at how he easily joined up with Lothor. The cheapened out on Mesogog by having Mercer be a loving father. Mesogog was a half assed attempt to appease the fans after that baffoon Lothor was force fed to us. Notice how no villains after this were listed by you? That shows how much worse they got.

Thats the problem with most of those seasons you listed. The ending ones had no storyline. RPM started with a great storyline and lost it when Eddie left. Don't be blinded by you're love of the franchise. Power Rangers has been terrible for years now. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but that a how I feel. And my opinion is very informed and seldom wrong . Thats why I consider myself the number 1 PR fan.
Old 03/04/15, 11:04 AM   #17
Itzy Bitzy Carter
Power Ranger

Give it a rest dude! I don't like Carter but you don't see me posting about it all the time. And most of the time I make it funny. We get it you hate the way Power Rangers have been made since Disney. Thats just you're opinion.
Itzy Bitzy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/15, 11:06 AM   #18
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

And people say I post about my dislike for Tommy too much.This guys is something else. He has me beat by a long shot.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/15, 11:08 AM   #19
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

Real Power Ranger fans love every season. If you hated the show the last ten years I don't see how you are even a fan. Much less the number 1 fan.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/15, 11:09 AM   #20
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. No one is better than the other. Also you can't be the number one fan. You can't judge who is the top fan or not. Certainly not based on a message board.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply