Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/14/15, 12:15 PM   #1
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

Default Why do Power Rangers fan hate Sentai?

I don't understand why so many Power Ranger fans hate Sentai? Why would you hate the thing that is the source for you're favorite show? Its like if a Sailor Moon fan hated the Japenese Anime. Power Rangers is Sentai as much as DIC Sailor Moon is Toei Sailor Moon.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/15, 12:55 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Why do Power Rangers fan hate Sentai?

There are some fans that don't hate Sentai they just hate the idea of Power Rangers copying and pasting the Sentai version into Power Rangers because some Power Rangers fans believe that Power Rangers should be an original story.

It's not in the same vein as the other examples since those instances were dubbing whereas Power Rangers is supposed to be an adaptation and not a dubbing.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/15, 04:10 PM   #3
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I do not hate Sentai, heck I've been wanting to watch it! Only problem is, for me, I like to do things from the beginning. Example: If I play Resident Evil, I cant play just Resident Evil 2. I gotta play the WHOLE SERIES. So If I can watch Super Sentai, I would want to watch it from Go Ranger to Toqger.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 10:06 AM   #4
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

It was "too different" from what they grew up with, Japan's style of humor doesn't sit well with them, or because they like Power Rangers having a shared continuity and Super Sentai literally being a franchise of done-in-ones doesn't appeal to them.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 10:16 AM   #5
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

Thats what turns me off of it. But I don't hate it or want to ruin it found other people. Its just not my thing. Plus its harder to get the episodes than Power Rangers right now.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 10:21 AM   #6
Itzy Bitzy Carter
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
I do not hate Sentai, heck I've been wanting to watch it! Only problem is, for me, I like to do things from the beginning. Example: If I play Resident Evil, I cant play just Resident Evil 2. I gotta play the WHOLE SERIES. So If I can watch Super Sentai, I would want to watch it from Go Ranger to Toqger.
Yeah I have the same problem. By the time you find the episodes and watch them all...Its just a lot of time to invest in. Of course it would take awhile for newbies to watch all of PR too, even with netflix. So I just read what I can about it. So I am informed.
Itzy Bitzy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 10:33 AM   #7
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed Zeo View Post
Plus its harder to get the episodes than Power Rangers right now.
Well, Zyuranger gotten an official DVD release and all of 2000 and 2010s Sentai with the exception of Timeranger and Hurricaneger has all been subbed. Changeman, Jetman, Dairanger, Kakuranger, and Megaranger all have been completed subbed, with Ohranger, Carranger, and Gingaman almost being finished.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 10:37 AM   #8
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

I guess its just hard to get the time to track then down on my side. I would rather have them dubbed though. Buying the Zyuranger DVDs would be tempting.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 07:48 PM   #9
Pink DinoCharge Ranger
Power Ranger

could be not everyone likes watching PR in another language then one they actually understand.
Pink DinoCharge Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 08:16 PM   #10
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

It targets a smaller demo no question. More people in the US are going to know PR. The Sentai fans are usually the hardcore toku fans.

I love both personally. But I count them as two different shows. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply