Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: Who do you love, the Mask or the Moon?
Tuxedo Mask 1 33.33%
Moonlight Knight 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/27/06, 03:37 AM   #1
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default Tuxedo Mask vs. Moonlight Knight

I've noticed a lot of people love the interim Sailor Scout bailer-out, the Moonlight Knight.??So, I thought this was a very valid question.

Which handsome, cloaked, rose-and-prose-slinging hero floated your boat the most?

Me, I'm not big on either of them, but you rarely get to see a superhero in a tux.??I'll pick TM.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/06, 11:14 AM   #2
Neo Moonlight Knight
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to Neo Moonlight Knight Send a message via MSN to Neo Moonlight Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Neo Moonlight Knight
Default RE: Tuxedo Mask vs. Moonlight Knight

The Moonlight Knight of course. Who else fought you and gave you great quotes? at the same time I may be biased though. *Whistles*
Neo Moonlight Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/06, 01:49 AM   #3
Sugar Baby
Ranger In Training

Send a message via Yahoo to Sugar Baby

It's always hard for me to chose between incarnations of the same person...I'd have to watch the series again. I remember loving Tuxedo Mask and when Moonlight Knight has his brief stint I enjoyed him, too. It's probably a toss up for me. Can I just say I love Darien?

~Sugar Baby
Sugar Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/06, 01:26 PM   #4
Neo Moonlight Knight
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to Neo Moonlight Knight Send a message via MSN to Neo Moonlight Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Neo Moonlight Knight

I'll have to post some episodes where the Moonlight Knight is on the scene. he rocks. *Whistles*
Old 12/28/06, 05:31 PM   #5
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Default RE:??Tuxedo Mask vs. Moonlight Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Baby
It's always hard for me to chose between incarnations of the same person...
But Darien and the Moonlight Knight were in the same room together, remember? LOL
Old 12/28/06, 06:37 PM   #6
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

I can't really stand either, but, then again, I hate the anime Mamoru/Darien, so I guess I'm biased. However, Moonlight Knight was infinitely better than Tuxedo Kamen, so MK get's my vote.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/06, 08:42 PM   #7
Neo Moonlight Knight
Power Ranger

Default RE:??Tuxedo Mask vs. Moonlight Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by christphern
I can't really stand either, but, then again, I hate the anime Mamoru/Darien, so I guess I'm biased.??However, Moonlight Knight was infinitely better than Tuxedo Kamen, so MK get's my vote.

Chris
COOL! you're my new best friend. lol
Old 12/29/06, 12:28 AM   #8
Sugar Baby
Ranger In Training

Send a message via Yahoo to Sugar Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Moonlight Knight
I'll have to post some episodes where the Moonlight Knight is on the scene. he rocks. *Whistles*
Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo
Quote:
It's always hard for me to chose between incarnations of the same person...
But Darien and the Moonlight Knight were in the same room together, remember? LOL
Yeah, but then Moonlight Knight dove into Darien and gave him his memory back... It was Darien without ever being Tuxedo Mask and Moonlight Knight was Darien's other half who still desired to protect the scouts, only in another form.
I just had a thought...did anyone ever touch Moonlight Knight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christphern
I can't really stand either, but, then again, I hate the anime Mamoru/Darien, so I guess I'm biased. However, Moonlight Knight was infinitely better than Tuxedo Kamen, so MK get's my vote.
Chris
Why do you hate the anime Mamoru/Darien? Just curious.:shy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Moonlight Knight
COOL! you're my new best friend. lol
LOL

~Sugar Baby

P.S. Oh, hey, Neo, it's off-topic, but I've been meaning to ask you. What Pokemon episode is your avatar from?
Sugar Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/06, 03:21 AM   #9
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

I don't know, really. There's just something about his anime personality that grates on my last nerve. I mean, disregarding the fact that he's an idiot in matters not pertaining to his classes (ie. his love life), he was a complete jerk to Usagi when he first met her, and didn't really get that much better as their relationship progressed.

Now, I have nothing against Mamoru, in and of himself. Just the anime version. I actually rather liked his Live Action counterpart. In fact, aside from Minako-chan, Rei, and Artemis, he was my favourite character. Quite an improvement over the anime version, in my opinion. He actually seemed to be a positive influence in Usagi's life, whereas the anime version only seemed to cause her pain and grief as a result of his stupidity, not to mention his "I know what's best for you, so sit down and shut up" attitude toward her.

Just a personal opinion, though. Not to be taken as fact.

The thing I think most bothered me about anime Mamoru is that he was supposed to love Usagi. However, in nigh every episode, he would show up, toss a rose (A rose? What the heck? What did he do, spend hours whittling them from solid chunks of carbon-steel?), say a cheesy line, and disappear not to appear until his next oppurtinity to spout retarded lines that no one wants to hear. And, to top it off, he would show up when the senshi were getting their butts handed to them by some youma, do his "thing", and then disappear leaving them to fight the youma by themselves. The same youma that was handing them their butts in a sling two seconds before he popped on the scene. In the anime he was a completely useless character used only for the sake of his appearance in the manga, and occasionally further the show's plot. A role that could have been filled by any number of characters, aside from loyalty to the source material.

*sigh* Sorry, I'm ranting.

Moonlight Knight was still Mamoru, in most senses, but he was a lot less annoying, and a lot lighter on the cheese. Also, for being non-corporeal, if memory serves, he did a lot more than Mamoru did as Tuxedo Kamen up to that point. Even when TK was evil, he was still throwing his stupid roses, and spouting retarded lines. The only difference? They weren't "positive" messages anymore. Then, as usual, he'd disappear, never doing much.

As for Mamoru and MK appearing in the same scene together, let's just say Mamoru has so bad a case of schizophrenia that even other people see his delusions.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/06, 06:38 AM   #10
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Oh, hey, Neo, it's off-topic, but I've been meaning to ask you. What Pokemon episode is your avatar from?
Wouldn't know the Japanese, but it's from episode #317 (Advanced Challenge episode #4) "A Togepi Mirage!". Togepi evolves into Togetic to save a group of fellow Togepi from an evil colonel who wants to overthrow his king. After succeeding in defeating him, Togetic stays with the Togepi to keep something like that from happening again, and Misty says a heartfelt good-bye to her baby.
Post New ThreadReply