Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/09/11, 12:18 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Could a US shot VR Troopers Series be possible?

This is putting the side the struggle it would take to get a new VR Troopers show on the air. Just assume for a second that the project was green lit.

Would it be possible for them to do an American VR Troopers show without having to rely on Metal Heroes footage ( since the show hasn't aired in Japan for a long time)?

I've been thinking how VR Troopers doesn't use Zords like PR. So it wouldn't be as hard or costly to produce the action footage. Granted you might have to go without the Skybase. But you could do a ton of American based fights on the ground. I don't think it would be as hard to shoot without Toku footage as it would be with Power Rangers. Even if it is still not possible.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/11, 12:22 AM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Could a US shot VR Troopers Series be possible?

Probably depending on the budget it had.

The only thing that would worry me is the MOTDs since none of the American made monsters VRT had were that good.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/11, 12:26 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah, you'd probably at least have to pay Toei to make costumes for you. Since they are the best at it.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/11, 04:56 PM   #4
Timefire
Putty Patroller

I think it would be possible for a US shot. It would be cool to see a third season with new VR Troopers
Timefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/11, 07:06 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

That would be cool maybe have one of the old Troopers be the mentor and/or them being the kids of the original troopers.

This may sound weird but before I actually saw it I thought The Troop was going to be a new take on VR Troopers since the girl on the team has Steele for a last name, and she actually seemed the most like the leader.
Old 04/21/11, 08:21 PM   #6
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Yeah, you'd probably at least have to pay Toei to make costumes for you. Since they are the best at it.
PLEX, not Toei.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/11, 09:41 PM   #7
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Maybe a series of TV movies that introduce new VR Troopers might help to see if an American made series is possible.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/11, 12:54 AM   #8
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
Maybe a series of TV movies that introduce new VR Troopers might help to see if an American made series is possible.
That could work.

Anyway I thought of something.

What if they still used Battle Grid mode but retooled into a sort of reverse Mega Mode.

Because you know how on Samurai they have their regular suits, and then when they pilot the robots they have the more armored costumes.

What if they did that in reverse for VR Troopers where they fight monsters on foot in their full armor suits but use the Battle Grid suits to pilot robots, and vehicles.

Last edited by Zabitan; 12/10/11 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04/22/14, 07:55 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
That would be cool maybe have one of the old Troopers be the mentor and/or them being the kids of the original troopers.

This may sound weird but before I actually saw it I thought The Troop was going to be a new take on VR Troopers since the girl on the team has Steele for a last name, and she actually seemed the most like the leader.
First off I think it'd be possible but Saban would need to shoot everything themselves and they would need to pay Plex to create the own villain suits since Saban's company doesn't have a very good track record with creating original villains.

I actually hadn't thought of that with "The Troop" but that actually would've been interesting. Indeed, Hayley did seem the most like a leader which is a rarity in programming.

I actually wouldn't be for a reverse situation where they use a Battle Grid-like form to pilot a machine but they actually could use the Machine Skybase since it was usually in Japanese footage anyway... you really didn't see it that often in the same shot as an enemy to begin with.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply