Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/15/05, 08:57 PM   #1
harold17
Ranger In Training

Well, I saw a really good chunk of PRT when ABCF aired it during last May/June, and I must say that I didn't really enjoyed this PR season. To me, it was too cluttered with silly action, and I really disliked the "a boy and his robot" concept between justin and Blue S. Oh yeah, justin was a really silly character too. That whole "oh I grow when I morph" thing was absolutely dumb, it was really disturbing to see a grown-up blue ranger with justin's kiddy voice.

As I said before, too many of the chapters were based on really silly and ridiculous situations (the shrunk rangers/rangers trapped in a pizza took the cake), it almost makes Ninja Storm look like a "serious" season. Oh, and I must add how bad was Divatox, I dunno, I never found her to be such a cool villian like Rita and Zedd were.

Any opinions?
harold17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/05, 10:21 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

The problem was Carranger was basically supposed to be a comedy. When it was adapted into Turbo the producers tried to push it has a serious show. But the comedic footage made it hard. I find Turbo Season 1 to be the real bore. Justin was pushed down our throats and given an unbeleivable genius storyline. The old Rangers actually took a back seat to Justin. There weren't really a lot of zord battles, and the villains were cornier than Zedd and Rita.

However Turbo Season 2 ( while still maintaining a lot of cheesy elements) was a major improvement and had some really good moments. It introduced us to the future Space Cast . While it was a shock to see the orginals go it was good to have a grace period to get used to the newbies, so we would know them by Space. Justin wasn't hoging the spotlight and was treated no better than anyone else on the team. The episode plots became more dire ( and they dropped that god awful chimps sub plot with Bulk and Skull, not to mention the detinator plots). Chase In Space is one of the best finalies of all time. It set the tone for what Space would be, and ended turbo with a bang. While Turbo may not have been the strongest PR season, you couldn't have had Space without Turbo's second half.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/05, 12:02 AM   #3
harold17
Ranger In Training

Oh I see now, thanks for the interesting reply PRX! Now that you mention it, it seems that the sentai series have a more comedic tone than PR, I have seen zero sentai, but at least in that chapter of dino thunder when the rangers saw their japanese counterparts on TV, it was very clear that it had some heavy japanese comedy.
harold17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/05, 12:36 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah from what I here though, Abaranger was a more serious series. That just happened to be a funny episode that day adapted for DT.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/05, 06:38 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX@Jul 17 2005, 04:36 AM
Yeah from what I here though, Abaranger was a more serious series. That just happened to be a funny episode that day adapted for DT.
Aba wasn't serious, it was chock full of irritating goofy bullshit.

That episode they decided to show as dubbed Abaranger was on par for the stupidity.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/05, 05:35 PM   #6
justanotherfan
Shadow Ranger

Out of pure curiosity I wanted to bring this up with turbo. I have read in many fan fictions and other places that people thing the phantom ranger is Billy. I can see the point but after watching The Fall of the Phantom I started thinking could the phantom ranger have been Jason. Reasons why I think this One the voice kind of sounds like his Two RED ruby and Black Armor*Gold ranger armor was black* Three said the gold ranger powers where draining his life force what if the transfer back to trey did not fix him the phantom ranger states in this episode about his ruby is missing and his life force fading forth he was in the turbo movie it could have set him up as a character if things had gone differently and fifth it seems like his attitude go where he was needed fight the good fight. Anyway people are probably going you think too much but ohh well its just food for though.
Old 07/28/05, 05:40 PM   #7
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Phantom was clearly stated as being from Eltar. There is no Ranger past or present that has ever been from Eltar but the Phantom Ranger. Thus no Ranger we have seen unmorphed could ever be Phantom Ranger.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/05, 01:43 AM   #8
Remus Lupin
Comic Relief

Send a message via AIM to Remus Lupin Send a message via Yahoo to Remus Lupin Send a message via Skype™ to Remus Lupin

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal+Jul 17 2005, 06:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cheetamus Primal @ Jul 17 2005, 06:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PRangerX@Jul 17 2005, 04:36 AM
Aba wasn't serious, it was chock full of irritating goofy bullshit.

That episode they decided to show as dubbed Abaranger was on par for the stupidity. [/b][/quote]
I will admit that episode 10 was one of the corniest episodes of Abaranger but it was not all about corny stuff like you say it is. There were a lot of drama and dark things as well. I feel it is just an amazing series and it is actually now my favorite show of all time.

Keep in mind though that the dubbing was made to make it even cornier than the original episode was.
Friend Codes: [COLOR="red"]Nintendo Wii: 2048 4942 2950 7004 (CMFC4ever)[/COLOR] | Pokémon [COLOR="#00bfff"]Diamond: 2622 9994 3134[/COLOR] | [COLOR="#dda0dd"]Pearl: 3181 3475 8373[/COLOR] | [COLOR="gray"]Platinum: 4469 8387 0812[/COLOR] | [COLOR="yellow"]HeartGold: 2150 5615 6935[/COLOR] | [COLOR="silver"]SoulSilver: 3181 3538 3942[/COLOR] | [COLOR="black"]Black: 4512 9864 4132[/COLOR] | [COLOR="white"]White: 4899 5363 2866[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Remus Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply