Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/14/15, 08:05 PM   #1
BlitzRangers
Putty Patroller

Default Countdown to Destruction (1st Draft script)

Wow so I just read online that C2D was going to be totally different than what we got? Is this true? Here are a few bullet points that I read.
(this was when TURBO was still on tv and the producers were gearing up the draft)

Dark Specter was not a re-use of the Maligore suit. Originally, he was the Goldgoyle (The monster that destroys the Zords at the end of Turbo.) Or rather, just his head. He was supposed to be like a "Nega-Zordon" to the villain group.

The Gold Ranger was to face off with the Machine Empire, and the Phantom Ranger and Blue Senturion were to fight Divatox's army on earth with the Space Rangers. This was all cut down, as well as swapped around, with different villain and ranger pairings for the actual finale.

Zordon was originally going to fight the Dark Specter himself

Command Center blowing up as it did to lead into In Space, it survives, and Demetria just "gives" the rangers a new base called the Space Dome at the end of Turbo.

Is there anything else that was going to be different?
http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/Mega%...a,%20Scans.zip

^^ zip file is there

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/po...ffy.453523531/
BlitzRangers is offline Report Post
BlitzRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:08 PM   #2
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: Countdown to Destruction (1st Draft script)

]That would have been a series change in general, not just countdown to destruction. We know a lot of things got scrapped for budget and because they got a last second renewal and decided not to blow out the budget because they now had jobs the following year. But I had not heard about the Dark Specter as Goldgoyle .

This is one that has been talked about before, that the other rangers had more to do and more fight scenes. Including a revisit to Justin and the Zeo Rangers in battle on Earth. Ultimately that was squashed for budget and scheduling, though it's possible they would have just been suit only appearances. I think seeing everyone together again would have been cool, but diminished this team's final victory because they were the ones given the reigns in the end and already lost the first time, showing them win on their own made them look worthy of the roles.

Never heard that one. I'm betting if this was ever planned they scrapped it just to keep Zordon as a mentor figure. Imagine finally showing Zordon with a body and he shows he's been able to fight the biggest bad all on his own this whole time. It'd be a cool scene but the afterthought becomes "Why did he need Power Rangers anymore then?" I personally like the idea Eltarians are just floating heads though.

I remember snippets of the idea they'd use the Delta Megazord space station as a base instead of the astro megazord's shipmode as base, but thought they had always locked down the idea the command center had to be destroyed.

There would have been a Phantom Ranger identity, but that wouldn't have been a C2D reveal. There was also talk of the original team being in the crowd when the Space Rangers revealed themselves because they didn't have powers to help out.

Yeah, because at the time of Turbo they thought they were entering he final season and were planning to go all out early on as a result. They supposedly had a plan for PRIS before the original cast decided to leave in the middle of the season. I recall hearing something about the Turbo team would have graduated high school in the actual season finale and gone into space replacing Justin still but the Andros newcomer character wouldn't have been Red. It was just a rough outline not a full series bible yet, regardless.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:09 PM   #3
BlitzRangers
Putty Patroller

Wait... There was going to be a scene with the ZEO rangers fighting
(obv we got Gold ZEO )
Old 08/14/15, 08:10 PM   #4
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

It was something that has been rumored and talked about, I'm not sure if there was ever a confirmation though. I do think they confirmed they wanted the original cast in the crowd when Bulk and Skull save the day, but that didn't come about either. Not just the Zeo/Turbo kids, but they wanted to get everyone, I think, that part I'm not sure of.

think part of that idea was foreshadowed with Adam's return, showing that the old rangers are still around and kicking. It could be that JYB was the only one willing to come back that soon, though.
Old 08/14/15, 08:12 PM   #5
BlitzRangers
Putty Patroller

Was there more filmed with JYB ? I need to find more info about this.
I do also think JYB was the only one willing to come back
Old 08/14/15, 08:12 PM   #6
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

No. Just what there was besides outtakes and alternate takes to allow for effects. He's contained to that episode in that series.
Old 08/14/15, 08:12 PM   #7
Moonsknight
Putty Patroller

I don't know where all of this came from, but I'm 100 percent positive it's total cra
Moonsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:13 PM   #8
AkaNinja
Putty Patroller

Except it's not.

Everything in the ZIP file is totally, 100% real. All originally planned by the writers but later scrapped.
AkaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:15 PM   #9
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

When though?

I recall some of these rumors, but not all these scenes. When did this first show up and who confirmed it? I feel like I recall some confirmations at a PMC but again, some of this stuff sounds brand new to me.
Old 08/14/15, 08:16 PM   #10
Zabitan
Administrator

Sounds interesting.

On one hand I like the idea of Dark Specter being Goldgoyle, and him being an Anti Zordon, and having a big final battle with Zordon.

Then again I also would have liked to see Zordon's true form being Koichi Sakomoto dressed up as Barza from Zyuranger, and Dark Specter starting out as Javios from Megaranger, and then turning out to be Cary Hiryouki Tagawa dressed up as Hinelear.

That and some of this makes me wonder why even get rid of Zordon or the Power Chamber if that was their plan.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply