Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/23/14, 02:25 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Series Finalie

Vr Troopers never had a real series finalie. How would you have ended the show?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/14, 03:53 PM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Series Finalie

That's a good question.

I guess a lot of the same stuff everyone else says.

Grimlord has this final plan to take over reality, the Troopers try to stop it but it looks like Grimlorld might win this time, Ryan's father comes back with a way to stop Grimlord, the Troopers defeat Grimlord for good, the Troopers find out Grimlord is Ziktor, everything turns out okay, all that stuff.

I thought of something where something happens, and the Troopers begin to suspect Ziktor is Grimlord, and go to his office to confront him, and find out he's Grimlord but he transforms, and disappears, and has his secretaries transform into Skugs.

And somewhere along the way he banished the Troopers to Virtual Reality in Battle Grid mode but to different places like Ryan is in the dimension from Grimlord's Dark Secret while JB, and Kaitlin are in Knightime's universe.

Not only that but he also sends all his monsters, and minions after them like the Shaider villains go after Ryan, and the Spielban villains go after JB, and Kaitlin.

And somehow this would all be two or three parts long.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/14, 12:46 AM   #3
seiya
Putty Patroller

It always irked me that this show never had a proper finale.

The premise for what I've written/done so far includes the following:

- it is discovered that in the course of intercepting a transmission from Strickland (he was really a skug) to Ziktor that Ziktor is actually Grimlord - I'm still working some of the written and graphical details out on this but essentially in the S2 episode "Trooper Out Of Time", there's a scene where this is shown when the troopers put on the virtual visors and it always stood out to me that they knew that Strickland was a skug, how could they have not pieced something sinister together with the involvement of Ziktor? This will also have a flashback to the discovery of the box of Isis and Ziktor stealing it to become Grimlord as well as stealing Tyler's knowledge

-one of the women arrives to tell Ziktor that their communications have been hacked and that his identity as Grimlord is now known by the troopers given how long they've been able to monitor him

- Ziktor turns into Grimlord and returns to the Dark Fortress and seeks Desponda's help again in destroying the troopers (there's a great Pandora battle from Speilban that wasn't used on VR Troopers that I am planning to use

- The scene of the skug telling Ryan about Grimlord's challenge and threatening to set the planet on fire is somewhat kept, going to redub parts of it to change the skug's lines to fit the scene. Who doesn't love Jeb blowing a raspberry at the skug?

- Desponda's attacks the troopers; there's a little recycling from "Despara Strikes Back" as setup. Grimlord will be watching the fighting and commanding Colonel Icebot to increase Desponda's power, which will lead in to the unseen Pandora fight and Kaitlin and JB ending up aboard the Dark Fortress trying to find Ryan (which of course is Speilban recycled from the same episode).

- Ryan eventually finds his way to the Dark Fortress as well from the Nitro Cycle ("Into Oraclon's Web" recycling) where Grimlord is waiting and tells him he is going to combine his power with Oraclon to become "the most powerful virtual being ever known"; include a transformation (that I made last night ) and a bit of the Shaider last fight recycled but more than what was used on VRT will be incorporated

- this fight will include flashbacks to the S1 finale and the unseen attack on Grimlord by Ryan with the lightning hand minus the decapitation

- eventually Ryan will win and they'll have to evacuate the ship before it destroys; Icebot gets destroyed; Ivar will be involved too but I haven't found where to insert him yet; and then I'll have some sort of epilogue and an ending scene with the box of Isis and the last scene of Grimlord from "Galileo's New Memory" implying that he might not be destroyed after all...

Thoughts? Love input. I'll post a rough first draft later .
seiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/14, 12:47 AM   #4
seiya
Putty Patroller

Here's my no-sound roughly put together almost storyboard-like draft.

Again:
- currently it's about 15 minutes long (really a little less than that)
- there is NO SOUND YET
- scene order is not absolutely fixed
- I want to dress up the "Ziktor is Grimlord" scene a little more than what I have currently
- the virtual visor scene has a superimposed virtual grid thing over the old footage; there's nothing new there
- there are transition cards in between some scenes for stuff to insert
- this is a DRAFT
- I made the Grimlord/Oraclon merge transformation scene (at 8:58); I may make another instead of this but I want to do something that is visually appealing
- my source speilban has spanish subtitles that I cropped out; cropping isn't very noticable
- I ordered my VRT complete series DVDs from Shout on Friday; the VRT source you see I shot from Netflix with my cellphone... lol... how low budget... but only for the purposes of doing this
- non-cellphone quality footage starts at 3:52

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_l...m-upload_owner

Always happy to hear thoughts!
seiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/15, 03:01 AM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

That's cool.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/16, 11:09 PM   #6
danfifepsu@yahoo.com
Putty Patroller

I am upset that this so called finale NEVER HAPPENED, They should have and I would love to have seen them discover who Grimlord is and go to Ziktors office to confront him yelling we are going to put you away and Ziktor yells back. I wonder if they would have been surprised, like due to how Ziktor had projects that they opposed.
danfifepsu@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply