Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/01/18, 08:19 PM   #11
Knightstorm
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Hasbro To Aquire Power Rangers

I really hope that Boom is still allowed to produce the comics...and I enjoyed Hyperforce as well. As far as the show is concerned...well Hasbro really couldn't make that worse...
Knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/18, 11:31 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
I wonder what this means for Morphicon, Boom Comics, and Hyperforce? Also will the writers go union? I expect preduction to remain in New Zealand unless Hasbro has a cheaper alternative.
nothing for the moment since the deal won't be fully closed until later on and in the case of Morphicon absolutely nothing although they might do away with cast reveals at Morphicon but they don't own the con so they have no say in whether it continues or not that's up to Morphicon's current owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saban Fan View Post
No!!!!!This is a truely dark day for the franchise. I was hoping the Hasbro Option to buy thing was just a smokesscreen or at least wouldn't happen for long time. I can't believe Saban has given up his baby a second time, after he fought so hard to get it back. Without Saban in charge, PR is doomed. No one cares about that series as much as Haim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Saban View Post
I would rather Saban still own the series too. But you have to believe part of the deal is that Haim will still be running day to day operations. Saban will continue to be the driving force behind the series. Hasbro isn't foolish enough to think they can do it without Saban, not like Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Senshi View Post
Maybe he can buy it back again if Hasbro does a bad job.
don't be ridiculous he sold his property to Hasbro for a reason he likely wants to retire but is willing to stay on to help teach them the ropes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
Yes, companies don't usually like to sell ip. Even if its not being used. Since if it succeeds with someone else. they look bad. We are lucky Disney was even willing to sell to Saban in the first place. Its unlikely this happens with Hasbro. Who aren't buying pr by accident and the show's toyline is related to a core part of its business! PR just didn't fit in Disney's profile at the time. Lets not forget that when Disney bought the franchise, they didn't own Marvel or Lucasfilm.
precisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightstorm View Post
I really hope that Boom is still allowed to produce the comics...and I enjoyed Hyperforce as well. As far as the show is concerned...well Hasbro really couldn't make that worse...
dunno about the comics probably depends on what they think and what their deal is but in the case of HyperForce I think there's slightly better odds with them renewing that
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 09:51 AM   #13
Undergrizer
Putty Patroller

Well - New Age with new owner should make all great. Return serious tone, age connection 10-16 from Disney Age (even higher), bring more good writing and higher budget, and refuse to fart and children's humor (which is now time to make the entire entertainment industry) and formula "2 years for one team". Also, because Hasbro have tons of problems with fans thanks to Transformers movies (let's see what be with "Bumblebee"). Plus, make great and epic work with epic soundtrack, like in better times and this:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AB2BFC37554646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBZna0xAhTY
Also, I hope we got more quality and good games. Much better than Mega Battles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3VgMoVJ7s
With big budget and development with talent, like Platinum Games. Something like Transformers: Devastation, but with big budget.
And of corse - more quality for action figures. It's also one of the reasons, why Hasbro buying franchise.
But I hope, any good what we get in this decade stay. Sequel of movie 2017 we still see. Even, if it become part of Hasbro Cinematic Universe (with new Transformers reboot). And Boom still make new comic books (and don't have sad fate of Dreamwave Transformers and Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog). But I will not mind if the cause will take - IDW. And we got in this case crossovers with Transformers, G.I.Joe and - TMNT, again!
And my final big hope - animated movies for DVD and Blu-Ray. And those movies can be epic remakes of famous stories. Like "Green with Evil" and final of "In Space". Remake of "Green with Evil" can be in 2 parts, like "Dark Knight Returns", and with more darker and serious becoming of Tommy the Ranger villain and his redemption. And remake of "In Space" final can bee bigger, more epic and massive than original. With the moment where the Astronema reveals to the whole world the identity of the Rangers and stole their powers, and the final battle with the participation of all former Rangers, more epic than Legendary Battle in Super Megaforce.
Also I hope, we see adaptation of Kyuranger in 2020.
Undergrizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 11:48 AM   #14
Hasbro Ranger
Comic Relief

This is an awesome day! I felt this day would come when Hasbro signed the toy deal. But now its come true way quicker then I imagined! Hasbro is going to do great things with the franchise . They are a major league company and PR fits them perfectly.
Hasbro Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 11:50 AM   #15
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undergrizer View Post
Well - New Age with new owner should make all great. Return serious tone, age connection 10-16 from Disney Age (even higher), bring more good writing and higher budget, and refuse to fart and children's humor (which is now time to make the entire entertainment industry) and formula "2 years for one team". Also, because Hasbro have tons of problems with fans thanks to Transformers movies (let's see what be with "Bumblebee"). Plus, make great and epic work with epic soundtrack, like in better times and this:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AB2BFC37554646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBZna0xAhTY
Also, I hope we got more quality and good games. Much better than Mega Battles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3VgMoVJ7s
With big budget and development with talent, like Platinum Games. Something like Transformers: Devastation, but with big budget.
And of corse - more quality for action figures. It's also one of the reasons, why Hasbro buying franchise.
But I hope, any good what we get in this decade stay. Sequel of movie 2017 we still see. Even, if it become part of Hasbro Cinematic Universe (with new Transformers reboot). And Boom still make new comic books (and don't have sad fate of Dreamwave Transformers and Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog). But I will not mind if the cause will take - IDW. And we got in this case crossovers with Transformers, G.I.Joe and - TMNT, again!
And my final big hope - animated movies for DVD and Blu-Ray. And those movies can be epic remakes of famous stories. Like "Green with Evil" and final of "In Space". Remake of "Green with Evil" can be in 2 parts, like "Dark Knight Returns", and with more darker and serious becoming of Tommy the Ranger villain and his redemption. And remake of "In Space" final can bee bigger, more epic and massive than original. With the moment where the Astronema reveals to the whole world the identity of the Rangers and stole their powers, and the final battle with the participation of all former Rangers, more epic than Legendary Battle in Super Megaforce.
Also I hope, we see adaptation of Kyuranger in 2020.
Toei already nixed Disney switching to animation after RPM.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 03:58 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny View Post
Toei already nixed Disney switching to animation after RPM.
that they did but they were using it as a way to replace adapting a season which would severely derail the share Toei got but if they did it as a secondary thing and Toei still got a decent enough share they could approve it.

Now as for some of the other poster's points. Sadly the sequel to last year's movie is basically dead now since Hasbro doesn't work with Lionsgate.

Hasbro can't really do much with increasing the show's demo since they're stuck in a 3-year deal with Nick so if Nick wants something then Hasbro has to give in.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 08:22 PM   #17
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

Can't they work with Lionsgate with just PR?
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 08:23 PM   #18
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Or they could just buy the rights entirely back from Lionsgate?
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 08:25 PM   #19
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

In theory yes. The trouble is that its hard to get a company to part with ip , even if they don't use it. Plus even if they did they would chwrge a premium.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/18, 08:28 PM   #20
PRangerX
Administrator

Lionsgate is actually for sale. I think it might be a good idea for Hasbro to buy them. That way they have their own studio like Marvel. It would be hard to get transformers back from Paramount. But they could use PR and their other properties. Marvel had to go without Spider-Man, X-Men, and F4 for years.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply