Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/15, 11:35 PM   #11
Sledge's Bounty
Comic Relief

Default Re: Villamax

Yeah, once in awhile its good to mix things up and have some.of.the bad guys turn good. As long as its not done all the the time. Than that would get old too. I loved it when Astronema turned good.
Sledge's Bounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/15, 08:17 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

I thought Villamax was an interesting character because he was technically the first 100% true honorable villain that we had and I don't believe he truly turned good in the end he just didn't believe in attacking the residents of Terra Venture unless they were Rangers.

I do believe his Power Rangers character was a big departure from his Sentai counterpart but they actually could do that because they didn't use any Sentai footage of him or Kegler.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/15, 08:28 PM   #13
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Thats one thing I loved about Lost Galaxy: The generals (save Furio and Deviot) all had some type of honor thing going. Scorpius was evil, but genuinely loved Trakeena. Trakeena in turn wanted revenge for her father. Trecheron and Villamax showed chivlary towards their enemies: Trecheorn refused to fight his opponents unless they were armed, and Villamax kept his word during deals.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/15, 10:32 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
Thats one thing I loved about Lost Galaxy: The generals (save Furio and Deviot) all had some type of honor thing going. Scorpius was evil, but genuinely loved Trakeena. Trakeena in turn wanted revenge for her father. Trecheron and Villamax showed chivlary towards their enemies: Trecheorn refused to fight his opponents unless they were armed, and Villamax kept his word during deals.
no doubt about that and the interesting thing about that is much like Villamax Furio himself also was shot in all original footage but he had a different reason for that... with Villamax they did it in order to avoid showing his Gun-like weapon.
Old 05/28/15, 12:15 PM   #15
Lord Leo
Ranger In Training

The LG villains were probably the best ever. They were complicated characters and so much went on with them. It was very interesting to watch play out. I love how Trakeena developed into a main villain.
Lord Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/15, 12:54 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leo View Post
The LG villains were probably the best ever. They were complicated characters and so much went on with them. It was very interesting to watch play out. I love how Trakeena developed into a main villain.
it also helps that there were so many even before they went into the Lost Galaxy arc since they had Scorpius, Trakeena, Furio, Treacheron, Deviot, Villamax and Kegler. All of them had different personalities and some of them even played well off of one another... which is how to truly write an original season.
Old 05/28/15, 06:47 PM   #17
Space Nerd
Comic Relief

I thought they were ok. But always seemed like second rate Space villains. Who were the best villains imo. The LG villains weren't the worst ever but not the greatest either.
Space Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/15, 11:30 AM   #18
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Villamax was a low rent Ecliptor to me. And there is only one Ecliptor. Villamax made no sense. He had honor yet fought on the side of evil.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/15, 12:18 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
Villamax was a low rent Ecliptor to me. And there is only one Ecliptor. Villamax made no sense. He had honor yet fought on the side of evil.
Ecliptor showed love and kindness towards Astronema even though he was built to be evil and you think that makes sense whereas you think Villamax being evil yet still being honorable doesn't make sense?
Old 06/01/15, 08:52 PM   #20
Green Scorpion Ranger
Comic Relief

Villamax was a very interesting villain. He was very muti-layered to the point where he was more of a loyal soldier to Trakeena than a true villain. Especially in the end when he ends up risking and losing his life to save the innocent colonists from Trakeena.
Green Scorpion Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply