Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/20/16, 04:07 AM   #1
DevilishlySnowy
Putty Patroller

Question Power Rangers: RPM fans out there?

I am working on a pitch for a follow up to Power Rangers: RPM using the footage of Go-Busters and would appreciate help with it because well I am not the best event writer/coming up with events. I have worked on it a bit, but here's a little description for it.
In the years since the RPM rangers defeated Venjix and saved the world, life has gotten back on track thanks to their recently discovered alien brethren. They coexist in harmony but there are those, both alien and human alike, that wish to bring back Venjix. The only thing that stands in the way of their victory is an elite team of highly trained individuals. They are Power Ranger: Spec OPS.
Since they skipped over it and made Dino Charge/Super Dino Charge(which I do like as a season), I figure that it would be fine to use. I will try to answer any and all questions asked, if anyone has them.
DevilishlySnowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/16, 11:19 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers: RPM fans out there?

Is this a fan film?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/16, 11:20 AM   #3
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

I wish they wouldn't have skipped over Go-busters.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/16, 11:20 AM   #4
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Have you watched a lot of the sentai? That could.be important to know what footage you can use.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/16, 11:25 AM   #5
DevilishlySnowy
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Is this a fan film?
More a pitch to Nick for a Netflix show. Could be a movie I suppose, I'm not hard set of it being a series and not sure they'd actually go for it but well thinking they could have the main universe on tv and the RPM universe on Netflix, which would include future seasons they skip over as well as Pre MMPR seasons, using something from the show itself.
Old 09/20/16, 11:28 AM   #6
DevilishlySnowy
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
Have you watched a lot of the sentai? That could.be important to know what footage you can use.
Of Go-busters specifically, almost done with it. About....3/5's judging from how many episodes it has.
Old 09/20/16, 11:37 AM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintlyDevil View Post
More a pitch to Nick for a Netflix show. Could be a movie I suppose, I'm not hard set of it being a series and not sure they'd actually go for it but well thinking they could have the main universe on tv and the RPM universe on Netflix, which would include future seasons they skip over as well as Pre MMPR seasons, using something from the show itself.
Sounds interesting but you would have to make the pitch to Saban Brands since they own the brand. I would suggest researching how to come up with a proffessional pitch. Also write a treatment out.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/16, 11:48 AM   #8
DevilishlySnowy
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Sounds interesting but you would have to make the pitch to Saban Brands since they own the brand. I would suggest researching how to come up with a proffessional pitch. Also write a treatment out.
And most assuredly I will do that! Will definitely polish pitch as much as I can, though I do need help in writing it, since not all footage of morphed stuff is usable and while I like it, I don't want to just copy plots of various episodes and well that is one of my weak points, though I do have several ideas for it.
Old 09/20/16, 05:58 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

It's an interesting idea except for the name since I don't think they would've went with Spec OPS due to the prevalence of GB that is seen in Go-Busters at least according to what I've heard it's not a series that I have watched yet since I'm still going through Go-Onger.

Also just as a fair warning but if you really want to pitch this to Saban Brands you should hire yourself an agent because otherwise they'll just see you as a fan and won't be able to do anything with your ideas due to the legality of it.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/16, 06:23 PM   #10
DevilishlySnowy
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
It's an interesting idea except for the name since I don't think they would've went with Spec OPS due to the prevalence of GB that is seen in Go-Busters at least according to what I've heard it's not a series that I have watched yet since I'm still going through Go-Onger.

Also just as a fair warning but if you really want to pitch this to Saban Brands you should hire yourself an agent because otherwise they'll just see you as a fan and won't be able to do anything with your ideas due to the legality of it.
I will look into that most certainly. Here's hoping Saban goes for it, would like to see it happen.
Post New ThreadReply