Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/02/16, 09:39 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default " What exactly is a Tommy"?

I thought it would be an interesting thread. To discuss what the character means to the franchise and/or the PRU.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/16, 12:03 PM   #2
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Re: " What exactly is a Tommy"?

Tommy is the one that put the franchise on the map. The Green Ranger storyline got a lot of children into the show. And was a big reason why MMPR was such a fad. He is the iconic character most people think of when they think about Power Rangers. His returns in "Forever Red", DinoThunder, and " Legendary Battle"....Only cement his status as legendary.

Within the PRU, Tommy was a major player. Rita's recruitment of him backfired and ended up given the Rangers a huge asset. Even with the Green Candle's curse, Tommy was able to return and continue on as a critical ally. Lord Zedd knew he was a threat and went after hi. right away. Even though the Green Ranger powers were nearly gone.

As the White Ranger Tommy tipped the scales even further. As the leader of the Power Rangers, he became even more infulencial on the team. As he had the most power in their strategy besides Zordon. Tommy eas even able to beat Zedd in one on one combat. And this wasnwith his Ninja Powers. Which might not have been as strong as the White Tiger Powers of season 2. Tommy continued to be a huge factor during Zeo and Turbo.

Once his first Ranger carreer was over and Zordon dead, Tommy effected the PRU even more. As he began to put together Hexagon. An organization that would reshape Earth and the rest of the Galaxy for years to come. Tommy proved his legendary status when he led the team of Reds's against the Machine Generals. And continued the legacy of the Power Rangers with DinoThunder And "Legendary Battle" .
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/16, 12:04 PM   #3
White Tiger Fan
Power Ranger

He also defeated Surpenterra in Zeo Zord V. This was in "Scorpion Rain".
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/16, 11:28 PM   #4
Diabolico Rising
Ranger In Training

I always thought Tommy was overrated. He is just another Ranger. Maybe the Green Ranger arch carried the show in the beginning but it was only for a few years. I thought he was pretty bland in DinoThunder.

My favorite sixth is actually Ryan. Who had much more depth than Tommy. And felt more like a real person.
Diabolico Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/16, 02:11 PM   #5
Tommy Hater
Ranger In Training

I agree, but I think even less of him. Tommy was a horrible addition to the show. He ruined a good thing. And while the show benefited in the short term, it suffered in the long term. I really wish they didn't adapt the Green Ranger arch and kept going with the five Rangers.
Tommy Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/16, 02:16 PM   #6
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

The Green Ranger archs were actually great. Its when they brought him back as White that hurt the show. Tommy should never have been brought back the third ti e. He prexeded to take over the show and become a glorified Gary Stu.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/16, 02:41 PM   #7
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

Tommy was an awesome character and is very inconic. He got even better when he became the white Ranger. He was more confident andna bettter leader. The White Powers were interesting and not overpowered like some claim.

Tommy made the show. Without him, Power Rangers would have only lasted a few years. I can"t imagine the series without Tommy invovled at some point in its history.
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/16, 02:47 PM   #8
Zeo Power
Ranger In Training

Good move using the line from Gasket lol.

Tommy was actually at his best in Zeo. He seemed more experienced and also showed the most vulnerability he had since the Green Rangers days. He also proved himself to be a great leader. In Turbo he was just kind of there.
Zeo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/16, 02:53 PM   #9
Eye Guy
Putty Patroller

I don't know how anyone can say Tommy didn't play a big role in the success of the franchise.
Eye Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/16, 08:51 PM   #10
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Braza was so much better than Tommy. If a lot of you American Sentai fans saw him in action, you woukd realize how overrated Tommy is.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply