Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/12/14, 01:25 PM   #1
www1125
Putty Patroller

Default Goldar and Rito in Zeo

As far as the whole Goldar and Rito amnesia thing, it was pretty stupid, but could've been cool had they taken advantage of the possibilities. For example, the Rangers learn of their presence on Earth, and challenge them. But then learn that they have amnesia, and out of pity provide them a shelter somewhere. Later on, when the Rangers are almost beat by a particularly powerful monster, Goldar and Rito come to their aid. An alliance forms that lasts several episodes, until Zedd and Rita return and restore Goldar and Rito's memories, which comes as something of a blow to the Rangers who have come to respect the two, and even view them as friends to a certain degree. I dunno, I felt that would've been a cool way to do the amnesia thing.
www1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 08:48 PM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Goldar and Rito in Zeo

That would have been an awesome idea! Much more interesting then them being Bulk and Skull's butlers.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 08:50 PM   #3
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

I never liked them in Zeo. To me they should have just focused on adapting Dairanger. MMPR was over and it was time to change. Power Rangers was still hestitating to fully embrace the sentai approach. Which was a mistake.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 08:52 PM   #4
Rita's Pita
Ranger In Training

I liked the original storyline. It was so funny! I wish they kept it going through the end of the season into Turbo.
Rita's Pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 09:00 PM   #5
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Power Rangers did a good job with wacky subplots like that in this biggining. Too bad Goldar and Rito just went back to how they were in the second half. They missed out on great development there.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 09:02 PM   #6
Blue Ranger Gone Bad
Ranger In Training

It was a shame they spent so long building for the return of Rita and Zedd only to drop it in Turbo.
Blue Ranger Gone Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 09:07 PM   #7
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

I'm glad we got Divatox though. She was my favorite villain. The Rito and Goldar stuff was pretty fun.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 09:12 PM   #8
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

I really liked the Rita and Goldar subplot. It was stuff like that that made Zeo an interesting season. Too bad they dropped the ball in Turbo. I'm still mad they annoyed the cliffhanger ending.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 09:29 PM   #9
Lightspeed Omega
Comic Relief

I really think think the fifth season should have remained Zeo and not changed powers again so soon. Rita and Zedd facing the Zeo Rangers would have been cool.
Lightspeed Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 11:30 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed Omega View Post
I really think think the fifth season should have remained Zeo and not changed powers again so soon. Rita and Zedd facing the Zeo Rangers would have been cool.
No doubt. I think Rita and Zedd should've still been around but facing the Zeo Rangers until Zedd decided to amp up the attack by creating a new monster which would've been going on around the same time as the Zeo Rangers retiring and therefore Zordon and Alpha give the new Turbo powers to the new Rangers and then once the new Rangers deal with Zedd's monster that'll force Rita and Zedd into a retreat but then they'll get a message from a Messenger ordering them to stand down since Divatox will now be in charge of dealing with the Earth and its Rangers nuisance.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply