Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/07/05, 09:47 PM   #1
harold17
Ranger In Training

SPD has been far from perfect, but I can say without any doubt that this is one of the best PR episodes I've ever seen. Loads of actions and a fair amount of suprising moments. (The re-appearance of doggie's wife was totally bland, though).

Predictions for the final:

-Mora will have an "Elsa-like" ending (not really evil, just under an evil spell or something).
-Kat manages to send back Omega to his time. We will see lil' Sam again :lol: .
-Piggy will get contained!
-For the first time in a while, the rangers won't lose their powers after their final battle.

Share your opinions!
harold17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/05, 09:50 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Ah and here we have a human who has no interest in Power Rangers being intelligent, consistent, or anything that resembles quality programing.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/05, 11:27 PM   #3
harold17
Ranger In Training

Jeez, sorry for enjoying the show lol!

BTW, there was NO need to create a second thread when there was one created already, no matter how much you disagree with me.
Old 11/08/05, 06:13 AM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by harold17@Nov 8 2005, 12:27 AM

BTW, there was NO need to create a second thread when there was one created already, no matter how much you disagree with me.
Enjoy the show all you want just enjoy quality not garbage.

And if I am going to discuss the show it will not be in a thread started to praise garbage. So either accept it or go screw an electrical socket.
Old 11/10/05, 10:49 PM   #5
harold17
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal+Nov 8 2005, 11:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cheetamus Primal @ Nov 8 2005, 11:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-harold17@Nov 8 2005, 12:27 AM

Enjoy the show all you want just enjoy quality not garbage.

And if I am going to discuss the show it will not be in a thread started to praise garbage. So either accept it or go screw an electrical socket. [/b][/quote]
I'm not obligated to "accept" your OPINION. And I won't since it's so clear that we have extremely different points of view (I try to enjoy the show, you try to run it). Now I'll give you my take on your opinions about the chapter, it's always interesting to share opinions.

Quote:
So, A-Squad is bad. They're mean bad. And we're supposed to believe, without ever learning the characters' names, their history, only that they are so highly trained and regarded, that they're evil without any hint of a spell. All this time they've spent missing? Nothing is said about where they were. So, what, Devil's Advocate, they're good, they get captured, Gruumm offers them a deal to join his side, and they take it? All five of them just give in without any coercion?
This is something we will never know, unfortunately. However, in real life people gets corrupted, some more easily than others. A-Squad, seeing how they were beaten by Gruumm but still stronger than any other ranger squad on earth, probably joined his side to avoid destruction, and a possible high rank in Gruumm's army.

Quote:
Bridge "sensed" something before they were ever captured, does this mean they were working for Gruumm to begin with?
What Bridge sensed at the beggining were "colorful" auras, meaning that in the beggining they were good, compared to the ending, where he sensed black auras. As you may/may not know, in the art of real aura reading, a black colored aura means really bad things, for example, death is near from you.

Quote:
So B Squad comes in and Kat tells them that A Squad has left with Doggie, she gives nothing away that it was by force, that he was captured and what does B Squad do they go to the worst case scenario and automatically assumes they are evil. They are so jealous it is unbelievably stupid. In other words perfect for this season.
Kat looked pretty worried, and B-Squad feelings towards A-Squad weren't the nicest. And AS-Red challenged B-Squad to a fight shorly after Kat gave them the news. It was a given that there were evil.

Quote:
When Kat said that Doggie said that B Squad was the best he ever had, she was either lying or Doggie had flipflopped again. Then there is the fact that Kat later on went and said how much better A Squad was proving that B Squad wasn't the best.
I remember that in "Insomnia", when the B-Squad rangers told Cruger that they heard him say to Kat that if A-Squad was here the war with Gruumm would have already ended, but that the rangers didn't heard the part when Cruger said that A-Squad wasn't really that great if they were captured by Gruumm, so it would make perfect sense if after that he added "B-Squad are my real best rangers ever". It wasn't even necessary to mention it, it was the clear message.

Quote:
Grumm has SWAT Tech, Piggie gave it to him if you remember. So he doesn't use it ever. Doesn't give it to A Squad. And the only reason A Squad loses to the second stringers is due to SWAT Tech, which for A Squad Blue was just a series of explosions around him and no blasts actually hit him. Good going Grumm your best asset is defeated because you didn't give them more firepower.
Gruumm did used the stolen SWAT technology in some chapter I can't remember, and since that failed, he probably thought that it would be a waste of time to use it again, and maybe it was too much trouble to "port" it to A-Squad. Bad planning on Gruumm's side, owning a technology doesn't means that you know how to get all the full benefits of it.

Quote:
Now for Broodwing having knowledge of Doggie's capture. How did he know? Bugged Grumm's ship? Never mentioned, so didn't happen. Watched the news? Where was the reporter to broadcast that the great SPD had one of its own kidnapped by five of its own turned evil.
It would have been a waste of time to dedicate 1 or 2 minutes to this. They didn't showed how he did it, and it wasn't really necessary. It's not like he needed to "amaze us more" with how much more "underground" he can get when trying to get info/stuff direct from SPD.

Quote:
So Omega the force from the future with the superior technology, leads a bunch of cadets (and presumbly the C Squad Rangers who miracoulsy don't morph to fight the invaders) gets beaten like a Krybot gets beaten, that is just so pathetic it is cute.
There were HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of krybots. And he wasn't even that powerful, while he did save the day in "Messenger 2", he would have been destroyed by Devastation and Morgana if B-Squad didn't backed him up. I must agree that he was taken down too quickly, though.

Quote:
The base in robot mode has all kinds of blast doors that block exits and Omega just gets out with no problem. Does his energy ball form just pass through solid objects? If so why didn't they use that earlier? Oh wait it has never been shown so he can't. So he just miracoulsy escapes.
I didn't noticed this. I must watch the chapter again.

Quote:
Remember the giant brain that played Magnificence just two episodes ago? Yeah that ain't the Magnificence though it clearly was stated as such, its the villian known as the Omni.
"Magnificence" doesn't necesarily has to be a NAME, it was probably a way to refer to "Omni" pretty much like other lackeys refer to their masters as "my lord" or "greatness".

Quote:
A Squad's Zord, clearly just another one of the hundreds of thousands of robots that Grumm clearly purchased from Broodwing is a Zord not a robot like every other robot ever seen on the show.
Ok. And the point here is...?

Quote:
Grumm takes over the base just like the motd back in Recognition, his master plan is to destroy New Tech City yet he wants to defeat Grumm. When did Grumm become a city? Why does the great Broodwing use the firepower much less efficiently than motd's have done in the past with their own firepower.
This time it was much better planned than in recognition.

Quote:
Grumm's precious thing he looses on Sirius was a frelling antler. Is he an Org? Or just a pathetic loser?
Ever heard of the word "pride"? Gruumm is clearly the classic villian who never accepts defeat/humilliation in any form, and it's very likely that in Gruumm's race the antlers are a symbol of beauty, greatness and pride as an individual, pretty much like the hair around the lions head or the antlers of deers. So if that's the case, Gruumm has plenty of reason to hold a grudge against cruger.

Quote:
A Squad's Zord that destroyed the first ever Megazord seen in SPD is destroyed by one meesly shot from the SWAT Megazord. It ain't that powerful while in robot mode, gun mode yes.
This was probably done on purpose just to shpw how superior was the SWAT technology. Otherwise, you would be whining about how easy B-Squad defeated A on ground yet how hard it was in Megazord mode.

Quote:
Delta Command is locked down and the floor in base mode are now walls in robot mode, yet B Squad (guess they would be A Squad now since the real A Squad got carded) runs right in without a problem and is fighting in a room where everything is right side up just like if the base was in its normal base mode. Way to go Bwucie you and your crew don't know what the hell happens to the base when it switches to robot mode.
Uhh, I believe that Kat had already taken control of the base when this happened, must see the chapter again.

Quote:
Jack goes to face off with Broodwing, so what does any great fighter do when facing a leader of an army you throw your strongest weapon away and go toe to toe with the basics. Let's not forget that they forgot all about the Battlizer that was proven weak two episodes after its debut.
Jeez, this was just to add a more dramatic feeling to the scene (Jack in his "original" mode). Anyways, if he needed the SWAT mode he would just call back for it. Besides, Broodwing never proved to be THAT tough. I really liked how he was taken down.

Quote:
Containment cards are left lying around like yesterday's garbage, Krybots can pick them up and get some crafty evil genious to hack the cards and let the villians out.
Showing how they pick them up would have been a waste of time. If it's not going to be "spectacular", then it's not shown. Besides, we know that your "what if" it's not going to happen.

Quote:
Villians crimes are listed before judgement. Broodwing is just automatically shown as guilty.
A waste of time. Direct to the point, he was obviously guilty. Well done.

Quote:
Piggy was set up as the key to everything earlier on by Grumm. The plan that Piggy is key to? An ambush and nothing else. They could have done that a thousand times and none of them would require Piggy.
I give you that one.

Quote:
Grumm reveals he has Doggie's wife and Doggie has little to no reaction upon seeing her after YEARS. Does Doggie even love her?
100% agreed. He was way too stoic for the situation.
Old 11/11/05, 09:43 AM   #6
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by harold17@Nov 10 2005, 11:49 PM
I'm not obligated to "accept" your OPINION.
And I am not obligated to respect you as a human or your opinion.

As for the rest of your comments. Wrong thread. I won't address them since you don't have the brains to do it right.

Another thing retard, they are not chapters they are episodes. Chapters are in books. You don't watch books, you read them. You watch episodes.
Old 11/11/05, 04:13 PM   #7
harold17
Ranger In Training

Quote:
And I am not obligated to respect you as a human or your opinion.
How sad, because I do respect you, no matter how much you insult me.

Quote:
As for the rest of your comments. Wrong thread. I won't address them since you don't have the brains to do it right.
Feel free to comment on my comments in your own thread, but I doubt you will since it seems you don't have the balls to do it.

Quote:
Another thing retard, they are not chapters they are episodes. Chapters are in books. You don't watch books, you read them. You watch episodes.
I didn't knew that, thanks for the insight ;) .
Old 11/11/05, 08:08 PM   #8
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by harold17+Nov 11 2005, 05:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (harold17 @ Nov 11 2005, 05:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>How sad, because I do respect you, no matter how much you insult me.[/b]
So what. I'll respect intelligent people, you are a retard. I don't respect retards, I pity them and wish them a quick death.

<!--QuoteBegin-harold17
@Nov 11 2005, 05:13 PM
Feel free to comment on my comments in your own thread, but I doubt you will since it seems you don't have the balls to do it.[/quote]I won't comment on your 'comments' because they don't exist in that thread. Post your 'comment' then I'll comment on them. Feel free to use your brain at any time during the actual posting of your 'comments'.
Old 11/12/05, 08:30 PM   #9
Hua Long
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally posted by harold17@Nov 8 2005, 02:47 AM
SPD has been far from perfect, but I can say without any doubt that this is one of the best PR episodes I've ever seen. Loads of actions and a fair amount of suprising moments. (The re-appearance of doggie's wife was totally bland, though).

Predictions for the final:

-Mora will have an "Elsa-like" ending.
-Kat manages to send back Omega to his time. We will see lil' Sam again :lol: .
-Piggy will get contained!
-For the first time in a while, the rangers won't lose their powers after their final battle.

Share your opinions!
:D :lol: :P B) :rolleyes: :)I'm glad Sam will go back 2 his time! He makes me think he's a blue & white fire fly!