Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/02/14, 01:09 PM   #1
PeasAndCorn
Comic Relief

Default Power Rangers RPM

OK, I have decided to start watching RPM, watching the pilot right now. Some have compared it to The Terminator (and I can see the parallel), but I see a lot of Asterix in it as well- one town against a huge empire. It's dark but with some nice humour, like with the 'holdup'. Ziggy has hair like an anime character, I like it. the computer looks like HAL. I'm not sure how to take this, 2001 is one of my favourite films (with Fight Club).

I've seen MMPR, Mystic Force, Turbo, In Space and Zeo, and this is the best I have seen!
PeasAndCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/14, 01:10 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers RPM

RPM is a very fun season. They have a good mix of comedy and drama. Plus has done a wonderful job with its characters. I love all the flashback backstories.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/14, 01:11 PM   #3
PeasAndCorn
Comic Relief

Listening to the ranger radio cast... one of the cast has been fired? What's the story behind that?
Old 05/02/14, 01:12 PM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Hadn't heard anything about that, but I wouldn't trust a podcast.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/14, 01:12 PM   #5
PeasAndCorn
Comic Relief

True. The zords to come sound interesting- though there seems to be a mighty large number of zord configurations!
Old 05/02/14, 01:13 PM   #6
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

The Rangers to come have great stock footage.

The train zords are awesome. Though the hands of the Megazord formation are kinda lame.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/14, 01:14 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasAndCorn View Post
Listening to the ranger radio cast... one of the cast has been fired? What's the story behind that?
The new showrunner ( Eddie Grizzlian) got fired midway into production. There were issues with scripts going behind and the budget. He seems to have a lot of good ideas, but it sounds like he tried to do too much. They ended up bringing in Judd Lynn to replace him midseason. Judd was the Story Editor during Mid Turbo-TF. Before Turbo he was a production manager , director, and wrote some episodes.
Old 05/02/14, 01:14 PM   #8
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

This is definately the best season since Power Ranger in Space. It's good that they're doing stuff like this, although the plot is kind of slow now. They never spent this long on the back story of the rangers before, they could be running out of ideas, or they could think this is an interesting thing to do. Whatever it is, I like it. Best in a long time.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/14, 01:15 PM   #9
PeasAndCorn
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetamus Primal View Post
The Rangers to come have great stock footage.

The train zords are awesome. Though the hands of the Megazord formation are kinda lame.
I'd agree on that one- I'm not a huge fan of the nitro (? the one from red, yellow and blue) megazord but the other formations are quite good.
Old 05/02/14, 01:16 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Ranger - Yuku View Post
This is definately the best season since Power Ranger in Space. It's good that they're doing stuff like this, although the plot is kind of slow now. They never spent this long on the back story of the rangers before, they could be running out of ideas, or they could think this is an interesting thing to do. Whatever it is, I like it. Best in a long time.
Its because they brought in a new Executive Producer to run the show. A lot of Eddie's ideas seem to have freshened up the show.
Post New ThreadReply