Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/13/14, 04:32 PM   #4
MegaBlue
Putty Patroller

Default Re: "Too Many Girlfriends"

New dub" is the newly dubbed original Sailor Moon episodes. I just happened to finally see that it was now up on my Hulu Plus, which is why I said "I came across the newer dubbed episodes."

It's probably just a limited-time release until the own-it-at-home set is out, because 1-23 disappeared after a while, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawkRanger View Post
You are foolish if you think the original Sailor Moon has to bend over to conform to your standards. This new dub was made BECAUSE so many people wanted to see Sailor Moon as Japan did, uncut and complete. If you want to know why people like Viz Dub's better now watch 45-46 of the new dub.
Hold the phone. Who said anything about "bending over to conform to my standards"? I was commenting on ONE episode from both dubs, which happens to be one of my favorite episodes from the original dub. I haven't seen the original version of the DiC seasons, and Cloverway's S dub was close enough to the original that there really isn't a lot of difference there. I hardly remember SuperS, outside of Rini and that horse.

Anyway, so I'm not too keen on the new dub. I'm entitled to my opinion. (Also, I'll bet that 45/46 are the end of classic SM, in which all of the other Sailors die horrible and terrible deaths, instead of "we've been captured" or however DiC handled it.) I fell out of watching "Crystal," too, because it just felt, to me, like a speed-run of the original.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote