Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/13/05, 02:56 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

For those of you who don't know, Reflection Parts 1 and 2 aired on toon disney friday night. Reflection Part 1 airs on ABC Fam tommarrow morning ( not sure if 2 does or not).

I have to say I was very entertained. Reflection Part 1 is quite possibly the best SPD episode yet. There was so much emotion from Sky about his father. The final scene where he remembers his dad, is just so emotional. And of course we got some awesome action this episode as well. Jack's battlizer seems pretty cool. Sure it seemed pretty easy for him to kill all those monsters ( but remember they were really fakes, so who knows if they are as powerful as the real criminals). Morlock was an interesting villain. Quite possibly the most insteresting convict yet. The interogation scenes were wonderfully done. I like how Broodwing and Gruumm are continuing to have tension.

Part 2 was good, but didn't quite live up to the expectations of one. I loved the emotion when Sky confronted Cruger ( about not telling him Morlock killed his dad). Piggy's new found alligence to Gruumm is interesting. It was cool having Jack give Sky his morpher for the battle. Overall, the action was good. But the final battle with Sky was way too rushed. Also from the point Sky confronted Cruger the episode kinda of went away from being Sky episode. The episode kinda became Omega focused in the middle there. Which wasn't really good , considering that the episode was supposed to be about Sky. It kinda brought the resolution of part 1 down a bit. But overall the story of the multi parter was very good. Its interesting to see Sky now perfectly happy with being blue, and basically on good terms with Jack now. Sky is my favorite chacter of SPD.

I must say, both episodes made for an enjoyable evening for me. Despite the drawbacks of part 2, I really think the story of Reflection was top notch for PR.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/05, 08:56 AM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

So Sky is only Red for one episode, not as good as it should have been with both eps of him as Red.

EDIT: Garbage, shouldn't have even bothered giving Sky the Red Suit for less than 5 minutes.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/05, 01:46 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Like I said that was the main flaw of part 2. But the story of the muti parter was still cool.
Old 08/14/05, 01:26 PM   #4
harold17
Ranger In Training

These chapters were probably the best SPD chapters ever (so far). Sky is just great, the scene when Morlock escapes thru Sky's tear was total genious. Officially one of my favorite PR moments ever. It was also really cool to see Sky as red ranger, even if it was for such a short period.

I <3 Sky! :lol:
harold17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/05, 01:35 PM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by harold17+Aug 14 2005, 01:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (harold17 @ Aug 14 2005, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>These chapters were probably the best SPD chapters ever (so far).[/b]
Great copy and paste from Dekaranger.

Quote:
Originally posted by harold17@Aug 14 2005, 01:26 PM
Sky is just great, the scene when Morlock escapes thru Sky's tear was total genious.
Don't thank Kalish or anyone from PR on that. That was all Dekaranger material.

<!--QuoteBegin-harold17
@Aug 14 2005, 01:26 PM
Officially one of my favorite PR moments ever.[/quote]Sentai copy and paste moment, it was not a PR moment.
Old 08/14/05, 11:16 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal+Aug 14 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cheetamus Primal @ Aug 14 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
These chapters were probably the best SPD chapters ever (so far).

Quote:
Sky is just great, the scene when Morlock escapes thru Sky's tear was total genious.

<!--QuoteBegin-harold17
Officially one of my favorite PR moments ever.
Sentai copy and paste moment, it was not a PR moment. [/b][/quote]
But Time Force is your favorite season, and they reused a lot of Sentai plots. The Destiny Arch is my favorite arch of TF, yet it was lifted from Timeranger.
Old 08/15/05, 07:30 AM   #7
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Time Force is my favorite but that doesn't mean I consider a great piece of artistic genious.

Gotta give credit where credit is due and Kalish is not deserving of the credit.
Old 08/15/05, 11:33 AM   #8
harold17
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal+Aug 14 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cheetamus Primal @ Aug 14 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
These chapters were probably the best SPD chapters ever (so far).

Quote:

<!--QuoteBegin-harold17
Officially one of my favorite PR moments ever.
Sentai copy and paste moment, it was not a PR moment. [/b][/quote]
I don't really care if it's "copy-pasted" or not, that doesn't makes it "bad" or something. Why fix what isn't broken?

Quote:
Time Force is my favorite but that doesn't mean I consider a great piece of artistic genious.
Hey, I didn't meant that it was "a great piece of artistic genious", I just meant that it was a really well done, original and emotional moment. You don't see many of those in PR.
harold17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/05, 02:19 PM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by harold17@Aug 15 2005, 11:33 AM
Hey, I didn't meant that it was "a great piece of artistic genious", I just meant that it was a really well done, original and emotional moment. You don't see many of those in PR.
But it was NOT original, as for emotional Tetsu did a far better job. Time Force did it better.
Old 08/15/05, 04:10 PM   #10
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Tetsu was more emotional
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply