Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/28/12, 07:29 PM   #1
Suzy-Q
Putty Patroller

Thumbs up Ranger Alumni in Street Fighter X Tekken

Hey all you gamers--Street Fighter X Tekken fan?? Okay, but have you seen the new short film by Thousand Pounds Action Co.?? And did you know that TWO Ranger alumni appear in said film?

That's right--Daniel Southworth (Quantum Ranger) and Reuben Langdon (LONG-time stuntman on PR) star in the incredibly well-done film produced to promote the new installment of the video game. (Incidentally, did you guys know that Reuben and Dan also did the voice and mo cap for Dante and Vergil, respectively, in Devil May Cry 3?)

Daniel plays Ryu and Reuben portrays Ken--it's an amazing production and definitely worth watching...even if you're not a gamer! Please leave a comment and support our Ranger alumni!!

Here's the link: http://youtu.be/Hn_HaEf62h4
Suzy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/12, 07:50 PM   #2
wheeliechick
Power Ranger

Default Re: Ranger Alumni in Street Fighter X Tekken

Watched this short film many, many times on Youtube, and can't get enough of it. Please take a look and pass it along.
wheeliechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/12, 05:15 PM   #3
Sherder
Putty Patroller

Were the rumors about Billy being gay really true? I've been reading up on it and the things that fellow crewmembers and staff did to him, and that's not cool. I mean I'm not gay, but it's really messed up to tease someone so much about it. When I was a kid I just knew he left, but now I'm older and heard all that stuff.
Old 05/29/12, 06:31 PM   #4
Suzy-Q
Putty Patroller

Well Sherder, I'm not sure what this has to do with Street Fighter X Tekken or Dan, but here goes:

Yes, David Yost (Billy) is gay. And yes, he was teased at best and harrassed at worst by many members of the crew and production staff. His castmembers, however, did NOT participate in this. Even though Austin and Jason were known to pick on him, it wasn't mean-spirited and it certainly wasn't because of his orientation. Just teenage guys being teenage guys. Also, David was older than them and thus a bit more serious about his work and well, you know...boys will be boys.

You're right, he'd shouldn't have been harrassed and it's sad that he had to endure that. I've met and talked with David and he's a really kind, quiet guy--not deserving of the treatment he received.

If you haven't already, please watch No Pink Spandex's interview with him that came out in August of 2010--you can hear all about it in David's own words.
Suzy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/12, 06:37 PM   #5
Billie Lite
Putty Patroller

Getting back to the subject at hand, loved the short film that was posted. What else has Dan been doing these days?
Billie Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/12, 06:46 PM   #6
Truheart
Putty Patroller

Are there any sites out there besides what you already listed where we can find some current info on Dan? IMDB's okay, but it doesn't always mention side projects.
Truheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/12, 09:22 PM   #7
ngubandgeek
Putty Patroller

The action in this short film looks amazing!!!! I also love that it is Dan and Reuben in the film!
ngubandgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/12, 05:28 AM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Indeed, the action was amazing and it's interesting how long Reuben has been around. Apparently he was the one that Katie "roughed up" in the year 3000 for his car. Also based on my search, I think he was also the Japanese suit actor for what we known as Dragonborg n Beetleborgs Metallix, am I correct?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dan southworth, reuben langdon, street fighter x tekken