Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/12/11, 10:43 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Is anyone worried about Power Ranger Samuari being too much like the Sentai?

We've heard from Tony Oliver that Samurai is going to be a literal translation of Shurikenger. With some comedy that will be original ( written by Tony Oliver himself).

Some fans don't like the idea of Power Rangers following the Sentai too closely, especially if there is no real reason to do so. We know Jonathon Tzachor likes to stay close to Sentai. And he is back at the helm this year. Seasons that stick too closely to the Sentai haven't always been a commercial success. Many would argue that PR needs to be its own show.

But at the same time we shouldn't get all up in arms yet. We still need to see Samurai first before we judge.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 07:03 PM   #2
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

It's a perfectly viable thing to be worried about. It's lazy writing and it's far from being a good sign. PR needs to be innovative again if they want it to be a success. The problem is Samurai could be PR's one chance to be redeemed after its cancelation. Nickelodeon could easily kick it to the curb if it doesn't perform the way they want. It'd be nice if there were any signs that there's effort going into Samurai but to be honest I've yet to see any.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 07:25 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

That's a good question.

For me I like it when they do some things different, and other things the same like say have a different main storyline but do stand alone episodes the same.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 08:55 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
It's a perfectly viable thing to be worried about. It's lazy writing and it's far from being a good sign. PR needs to be innovative again if they want it to be a success. The problem is Samurai could be PR's one chance to be redeemed after its cancelation. Nickelodeon could easily kick it to the curb if it doesn't perform the way they want. It'd be nice if there were any signs that there's effort going into Samurai but to be honest I've yet to see any.
I don't think it would be the end of the PR brand per say.Saban didn't pay 100 million to aquire PR, to see it fail. Losing Nick would be a big setback though. And yes, this year is very important.
Old 01/13/11, 12:49 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

After I started watching Sentai I don't watch Translation Rangers. It's nothing but new actors doing the exact same thing all over again. *YAWN* If I wanted to watch a rerun I would go watch something that is a heck of lot older than one or two years and will at least have DVD quality. That or find reruns of Home Improvement or some other sitcom that I used to watch religiously.

PR died when they started translating, only thing good they have done since is RPM.

I miss the days where a video game based sentai (or whatever the heck it was) got turned into in Space or when the tree hugging hippy sentai got turned into Lost Galaxy. Innovation and imagination died when they realized translating it would be quicker, easier, and cheaper.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/11, 06:23 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
After I started watching Sentai I don't watch Translation Rangers. It's nothing but new actors doing the exact same thing all over again. *YAWN* If I wanted to watch a rerun I would go watch something that is a heck of lot older than one or two years and will at least have DVD quality. That or find reruns of Home Improvement or some other sitcom that I used to watch religiously.

PR died when they started translating, only thing good they have done since is RPM.

I miss the days where a video game based sentai (or whatever the heck it was) got turned into in Space or when the tree hugging hippy sentai got turned into Lost Galaxy. Innovation and imagination died when they realized translating it would be quicker, easier, and cheaper.
Yeah those we're the good old days. I actually really enjoyed Time Force. But even that slaved to the Sentai.
Post New ThreadReply