Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/26/14, 05:14 PM   #1
ShadeHedgehog
Putty Patroller

Default Reason Why Saban is skipping Go-buster

Here's the thing, I'm not too sure about the monster suits being deteriorated, but I do know there are a few key reasons Neo-Saban wants to skip GB.

First off, there would be a helluva lot of footage that would need editing unless they manage to make the term "Buster" work in the context of the season.
Secondly, there would need to be an original morphing sequence, which shouldn't be too hard but it's something that they would take into account.
Thirdly, the story itself is pretty hit and miss with a lot of people, some love it, others didn't care much for it. Couldn't you see Saban being in the latter category?
Fourth and probably the biggest reason, the toy sales weren't exactly something to be proud of, they kinda bombed from what I've heard. I mean what's there to get related to the season? The Morphin Brace, the figures, the weapons, and the Megazords. There's no gimmick to generate sales.

Now Kyoryuger on the other hand solves the biggest problem, the toy sales. Now keep in mind, Power Rangers is always competing with other series when it comes to toy sales.
TMNT, Lego, Marvel, WWE, and Star Wars. The latter 4 will pretty much always have their fanbase so that's a lot for PR to compete against, and Kyoryuger's gimmick is gonna be their best bet to stand a chance against them

Also something to keep in mind, there's a new Jurassic Park coming out next year, so any rub PR can get from kids potentially liking dinosaurs again is a factor too.
ShadeHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 05:50 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Reason Why Saban is skipping Go-buster

I personally never heard of the monster suits deteriorating being one of the excuses until I saw it posted here... but we do know the toy sales are the big part to such a thing so I do believe they would be the biggest reason.

The morphing sequences wouldn't be a big deal since they've always reshot such stuff anyway in most cases except for Space and Wild Force.

"Busters" being all over the footage wouldn't necessary be a deal breaker either since there are ways around such a thing. They could either go the approach of ignoring it like they did with the "Z" and "Zyuranger" being all over a lot of the MMPR's weapons and zords or they could have used it to their advantage by using it as part of the team's name.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 10:00 PM   #3
Astronema
Power Ranger

I think they could have worked around the footage. They probably just wanted to get to the Dinosuar season. Or just didn't want to fall too far behind.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 10:39 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

I agree they could have worked around the footage with Go-Busters being all over the place but I think the 2 main reasons for skipping Go-Busters has to do with the toy sales and because a dinosaur season was the next season following it.
Old 12/29/14, 10:13 AM   #5
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

Makes sense since PR is all about toy sales. Sentai is as well.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 10:18 AM   #6
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Thats PR's problem they think too much about toys sales. Its why they ditched MMPR and went to this stupid theme change every year. PR was never the same after that.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 01:41 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
Thats PR's problem they think too much about toys sales. Its why they ditched MMPR and went to this stupid theme change every year. PR was never the same after that.
that isn't why they ditched MMPR it's because they ratings weren't that good and they were hoping a switch in powers and suits would give them the ratings boost that they needed but it didn't work out the way they wanted it to which is why Jason came back as a temporary Ranger.
Post New ThreadReply