Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/18/14, 10:59 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The DIC lost episodes

It'd be interesting but I actually prefer the time when Cloverway was in control of the show.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/14, 10:59 PM   #12
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I always saw it on Cartoon Network or Fox Kids if I recall correctly.
I don't recall ever seeing it on the USA Network.
It was on USA for a short time. This was after the original dub was canceled and before they ended up on Toonami. They werent' on for very long. It was never on Fox Kids. But I think there was some free preview. It was.strangely, the first episode of R had a one time airing on my fod sturdy block. But it was never aired again. The show could have been syndicated on Fox affilates
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/14, 11:02 PM   #13
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
It'd be interesting but I actually prefer the time when Cloverway was in control of the show.
I didn't like how they changed the background music. The new Sailor Moon voice was terrible. It didn't seem to have the magic of the original dub. It was cheap how Neptune was voiced by the same VA as Ikuru.
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/14, 11:04 PM   #14
Sailor Danger
Comic Relief

I liked the Cloverway Dub the best. Loved the Japenese Music Cues. It was great to finally get S and SuperS
Sailor Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/15, 01:41 PM   #15
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I would have liked.to have seen them dub the one with Venus and her time in London. But I guess I will have to watch the Viz version.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/17, 04:51 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic Dubber View Post
I didn't like how they changed the background music. The new Sailor Moon voice was terrible. It didn't seem to have the magic of the original dub. It was cheap how Neptune was voiced by the same VA as Ikuru.
The music was fine it was the original Japanese music which is pretty much 99.9% of the time better than English music creators can create.

Serena's voice actress was out of their control since the previous one was unavailable.

Neptune's voice actress did a lot of roles on the show so it's nothing new with them re-using the same pool of actors for their characters. DiC and Cloverway ended up using the same pool and never ended up switching actors out unless they were forced to.
Old 12/09/17, 08:57 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Sadly or not much like DiC who was trying to be as cheap as possible Cloverway was trying to be cheap but they were trying to be faithful to the dub fans (by keeping the localized names and trying to keep the cast) but also trying to remain faithful to Japan by retaining the original music
Post New ThreadReply