Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/23/15, 05:57 PM   #1
RJ Fury
Putty Patroller

Default MMPR Movie is gonna Fail

I'm sorry but Power Rangers is a kids show. The attempt to turn it into a blockbuster movie franchise is going to be a massive fail. I just don't see this appealing to the mass audience. Its going to flop big time. There is no way this movie makes any money. And if it does it will because they made Power Rangers dark and mature. Which isn't really what PR is.
RJ Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/15, 10:32 PM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: MMPR Movie is gonna Fail

Power Rangers has become a very powerful brand. Your not givening it enough credit. Transformers was very much a kids show and succeeded as a film franchise. We live at a time when superhereo movies dominate the box office. The movie could very well.
succeeded. It is far from a gaurentee but I don't think its a hopeless cause at all.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/15, 10:59 PM   #3
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

I think it has a good chance of at least being a success. It wouldn't be the first kids brand to succeed as a blockbuster franchise. Its diffinitly worth a try. I am glad Saban Brands is
making.this happen.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/15, 11:26 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I remember people talking like this when Disney cancelled Power Rangers. Some people thought their was no way the show would ever come back. Even when others pointed out that Power Rangers was established enough that nostalgia would eventually bring it back. So don't discount the PR brand name. It could at least succeed as much as the new turtles movie.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/15, 11:29 AM   #5
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

I'm just glad no one from the show is working on this. They would screw it up givening there recent track record. I just wish they hired the director of Power/Rangers. So we could get the dark PR movie we all deserve.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/15, 12:52 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
I'm just glad no one from the show is working on this. They would screw it up givening there recent track record. I just wish they hired the director of Power/Rangers. So we could get the dark PR movie we all deserve.
we're never getting a dark movie like Power/Rangers. Fan films are the only way we're getting dark Power Rangers movies.

They might try to go a little bit darker with next year's Power Rangers movies but definitely not as out there as Power/Rangers did.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/15, 09:16 PM   #7
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

People need to stop wanting PR to be so serious. Its a kids show that is supposed to be fun. Why does it have to be dark?
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/15, 07:53 PM   #8
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I think it has a good shot. Hopefully the filmmakers do a good job.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 06:07 PM   #9
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Cap has an excellent point using the Transformers franchise. Old shows are being brought back for a modern age, both in cartoon and movie format. This year we are getting a Jem movie, which I am super excited for. This PR film could be what the modern age needs to get that kick, you know? Old fans got to see their childhood heroes, and new fans got to see a fresh look at Optimus Prime. Like with PR, childhood fans will see their childhood heroes, and new fans will learn what we loved.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 10:16 PM   #10
Kimmy Repulsa
Ranger In Training

Power Rangers will make a great movie franchise if it is done right. I just hope they don't skip Rita and go right for Zedd.
Kimmy Repulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply