Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/29/15, 09:11 PM   #1
MorphinMystic
Shadow Ranger

Default Goldar & the Dinosaur Grear Battle

So with Dinocharge receiving relatively positive reviews I began to wonder if Saban has any intent on adapting the Dinosaur Great Battle! Farewell, Eternal Friends team up? I'm aware of the speculation and a few comments from ASJ but obviously we've recieved nothing official.

Now after a recent panel at Lexicon (I won't say which as requested but most of you are aware) I began to consider the benefits of adapting Neo Griffozar. If the character of Goldar is to be a major player in the 2016 Film then would it be in Sabans interest to promote that character a little beforehand? Re-equate the audience if you will.

Now how would you see the character returning? I'm hoping a solid story line would be used. Nothing naff like Neo Griffozar is Goldars son or long lost brother ect. Sticking closer with the origin story may work well, Neo Goldar, an essence of hate left by Zordons wave perhaps??
Old 04/29/15, 09:14 PM   #2
Scarpine496
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: Goldar & the Dinosaur Grear Battle

I can see Goldar settling down with Scorpina probably with a child. Would probably explain what he has been up to all this time since the Zordon wave. Considering he survived of course.
Old 04/29/15, 09:16 PM   #3
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

I was surprised Toei didn't make Neo Griffozar the same character as Lamie and Griffozar's son which we saw in the final episode of Zyuranger. I would've preferred it if they did that and furthered Zyuranger's story rather than just make him a monster magically spawned from Griffozar's hatred of Super Sentai.

In the case of Power Rangers although we never saw what became of Goldar and Scorpina onscreen, I'd rather have them presumed dead as to avoid any possible continuity problems all together like "how come they weren't affected by the Z wave?" or "why have they only decided to attack now" and such.

And rather than make Neo Griffozar: Goldar and Scorpina's son (we kinda already seen that plot idea with Thrax) I'd instead have Sledge or some Dino Charge villain intentionally resurrect stronger "zombiefied" so to say, versions of Goldar and Zeltrax from their remains to do their bidding.
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/15, 09:28 PM   #4
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Actually, Thrax is the perfect explanation for why Scorpina's been missing all this time. I bet Rita and Zedd left her on babysitting duties. Thus, she escaped the Z-Wave. Rita and Zedd wouldn't have returned to Vile's base once they were purified. Goldar, by the way, was with Rita and Zedd in Countdown, so he was probably destroyed even though we didn't see it. If not, he would've still been standing around after Rita and Zedd's purification. Scorpina and Master Vile should really want revenge though. It's only their non-reappearance in Sentai that's stopping them from doing so now. There's been no in-universe reason since Thrax was killed.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/15, 03:17 AM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphinMystic View Post
So with Dinocharge receiving relatively positive reviews I began to wonder if Saban has any intent on adapting the Dinosaur Great Battle! Farewell, Eternal Friends team up? I'm aware of the speculation and a few comments from ASJ but obviously we've recieved nothing official.

Now after a recent panel at Lexicon (I won't say which as requested but most of you are aware) I began to consider the benefits of adapting Neo Griffozar. If the character of Goldar is to be a major player in the 2016 Film then would it be in Sabans interest to promote that character a little beforehand? Re-equate the audience if you will.
I hope we do since I do like the tradition of teamups. I agree with you in regards to Goldar and Neo Grifforzer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphinMystic View Post
Now how would you see the character returning? I'm hoping a solid story line would be used. Nothing naff like Neo Griffozar is Goldars son or long lost brother ect. Sticking closer with the origin story may work well, Neo Goldar, an essence of hate left by Zordons wave perhaps??
I can actually see Neo Grifforzer being Goldar's son actually or perhaps even a long distance relative that was living with Master Vile while Goldar was working for Rita and Zedd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpine496 View Post
I can see Goldar settling down with Scorpina probably with a child. Would probably explain what he has been up to all this time since the Zordon wave. Considering he survived of course.
Same here even though we never saw any indication that they were a thing in Power Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula Ranger View Post
I was surprised Toei didn't make Neo Griffozar the same character as Lamie and Griffozar's son which we saw in the final episode of Zyuranger. I would've preferred it if they did that and furthered Zyuranger's story rather than just make him a monster magically spawned from Griffozar's hatred of Super Sentai.

In the case of Power Rangers although we never saw what became of Goldar and Scorpina onscreen, I'd rather have them presumed dead as to avoid any possible continuity problems all together like "how come they weren't affected by the Z wave?" or "why have they only decided to attack now" and such.
I myself was also shocked and surprised that Toei didn't make him Grifforzer's son but I suppose it makes sense since he would've been trapped in the dumpster still much like Bandora likely currently is.
There's always a way out with Goldar and Scorpina in regards to the Z-Wave since while he was there we never saw the wave hit him and she wasn't even there.

And rather than make Neo Griffozar: Goldar and Scorpina's son (we kinda already seen that plot idea with Thrax) I'd instead have Sledge or some Dino Charge villain intentionally resurrect stronger "zombiefied" so to say, versions of Goldar and Zeltrax from their remains to do their bidding.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
Actually, Thrax is the perfect explanation for why Scorpina's been missing all this time. I bet Rita and Zedd left her on babysitting duties. Thus, she escaped the Z-Wave. Rita and Zedd wouldn't have returned to Vile's base once they were purified. Goldar, by the way, was with Rita and Zedd in Countdown, so he was probably destroyed even though we didn't see it. If not, he would've still been standing around after Rita and Zedd's purification. Scorpina and Master Vile should really want revenge though. It's only their non-reappearance in Sentai that's stopping them from doing so now. There's been no in-universe reason since Thrax was killed.
that is an interesting explanation in regards to why Scorpina hadn't been around.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply