Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/04/15, 08:06 AM   #1
Khan's Wrath
Ranger In Training

Default "Countdown to Destruction" is overrated

People act like its an all time great finalie. But all it was...Was a episode with a bunch of old costumes. The story was all over the place. The villains were defeated too easily . Astronema coming back to life made non sense. Zedd, Rita and Divatox becoming good made nonsense either. The defeat of Dark Specter was lackluster and unbelievable. If the Dark Fortress had this super missle capable of destorying a planet, why didn't they use it sooner? The campfire scene was horriby acted. As was the "I'm a Power Ranger" scene.
Khan's Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/15, 12:17 PM   #2
Everyone Loves Rocky
Ranger In Training

Default Re: "Countdown to Destruction" is overrated

Yeah Lightspeeds Finalie was so much better and had more emotion. The stakes were still eye but more was done on a character level. It just didn't have all the villains from the past. So it is underrated. I have never seen a better finalie.
Everyone Loves Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/15, 12:36 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

"Countdown To Destruction" is the best episode ever. I had emotion, drama, actionz and some comedy. It was the last major PRU event until "Forever Red"' . The stakes were raised like never before. Seeing the UAE unite to attack the universe was nothing the show had ever done before. Five years of continuity was paid off. Nothing will ever be quite like it.

The battle between Astronoma and Andros was intense. The scene with him crying over his dead body was so powerful. It was such a great momment when she was resurected. The purification of the villain's was a nice twist in continuity. The defeat of the UAE was at the cost of Zordon. So it made perfect sense.

The campfire scene was bad. But the scene with Bulk and Skull leading the civilians was a Great momment. It really brought the two characters full circle. The reveal of the Power Rangers to the public was amazing.

Sure it was wierd that the villians suddenly had a missle to defeat that could destory a planet. But the defeat of Dark Spector only made things more chaotic for our heroes.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/15, 08:45 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan's Wrath View Post
People act like its an all time great finalie. But all it was...Was a episode with a bunch of old costumes. The story was all over the place. The villains were defeated too easily . Astronema coming back to life made non sense. Zedd, Rita and Divatox becoming good made nonsense either. The defeat of Dark Specter was lackluster and unbelievable. If the Dark Fortress had this super missle capable of destorying a planet, why didn't they use it sooner? The campfire scene was horriby acted. As was the "I'm a Power Ranger" scene.
technically you do have a point about some of that. It wasn't as great of a finalé as people make it out to be.
Yes the villains were defeated too easily but because there wasn't enough of an army on the Rangers' side they had to do something to end it.
I disagree with your points on Rita, Zedd and Divatox becoming good... granted I wish we would've seen Finster, Rito, Master Vile, Elgar, Mama D and Ecliptor becoming good because of Rito and Vile's relationships with Rita, Elgar and Mama D's relations with Divatox and because of the loyalty and goodness that Ecliptor showed to Astronema. Also Finster should've been turned good because he wasn't ever shown to be that thrilled about being on the side of evil.

They were just finishing off work on the planet destroying missiles and they were hoping to likely never use them... while Dark Specter dying was a bit too easy it wasn't that unbelievable since he was struck by 1 of those missiles and he devoured one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
"Countdown To Destruction" is the best episode ever. I had emotion, drama, actionz and some comedy. It was the last major PRU event until "Forever Red"' . The stakes were raised like never before. Seeing the UAE unite to attack the universe was nothing the show had ever done before. Five years of continuity was paid off. Nothing will ever be quite like it.
well I'm not sure if I would call it the best episode ever but it did have a lot of emotional scenes, a lot of drama and a lot of action scenes. I agree that it was the last major event in the PRU universe... I personally wouldn't even consider Forever Red to be a major event since it was such a big teamup.
I agree that the stakes were raised and I agree that the 5 years of continuity was paid off.

Quote:
The battle between Astronoma and Andros was intense. The scene with him crying over his dead body was so powerful. It was such a great momment when she was resurected. The purification of the villain's was a nice twist in continuity. The defeat of the UAE was at the cost of Zordon. So it made perfect sense.

The campfire scene was bad. But the scene with Bulk and Skull leading the civilians was a Great momment. It really brought the two characters full circle. The reveal of the Power Rangers to the public was amazing.
that it was intense. Over his body? hey I didn't know he was a girl or Astronema was a boy... but I do agree that it was a powerful and emotional scene and it was most definitely a great moment when she was resurrected.
The Z-Wave was definitely a nice twist and it was also a nice twist but a disappointing one with Zordon's death.
I agree that the Bulk and Skull scenes were great moments and it brought them full circle in a way.

Quote:
Sure it was wierd that the villians suddenly had a missle to defeat that could destory a planet. But the defeat of Dark Spector only made things more chaotic for our heroes.
yea that was weird especially since they technically had 2 but I do agree that Dark Specter's defeat only made things more chaotic for the Rangers.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/15, 10:27 PM   #5
Adam White Tiger
Power Ranger

My Favorite episode of Space was Always A Chance. It was cool seeing Adam come back and mentor Carlos. Plus we even got to see him morph into the Black Ranger again.
Adam White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/15, 11:57 AM   #6
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

I thought Fate of Lightspeed was the better finale two. I actually like both episodes though.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/15, 11:58 AM   #7
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

What about Chase into Space. For all you guys that like dark.....Well there it is.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/15, 05:29 PM   #8
Itzy Bitzy Carter
Power Ranger

I liked Countdown better. Fate actually was forced and anticlimatic to me. It had no real heart. It was a lesser version of the Space and Galaxy finalies.
Itzy Bitzy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/15, 09:36 PM   #9
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

Chase Into Space was a great finalie too. It was a bit different because it was a cliffhanger.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/15, 09:37 PM   #10
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

One of the few episodes of Turbo that I liked. Countdown is diffinitly the best of the three. It was almost like a made for tv movie.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply