Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/10/20, 04:25 PM   #1
Super Cena
Power Ranger

Default What was the point of the Alien Ranger saga?

Why did they have the Rangers turned into children and replace them with the Alien Rangers? It seemed like an odd think to do with a dozen episodes left in season 3.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/20, 04:28 PM   #2
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: What was the point of the Alien Ranger saga?

That was the weakest part of MMPR. The cliffhanger was exciting though. Its just too bad they didn't give us a good finale. I hope they resolve the cliffhanger someday.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/20, 04:29 PM   #3
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

They did in Power Rangers Zeo.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/20, 06:43 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

I heard it had something to do with the actors wanting to take a break for a while.

My biggest pet peeve with Alien Rangers is that it seems like everything important like the power coins being destroyed, The command center being destroyed, the Zeo quest could have just been one 2 or 3 parter.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 05:12 PM   #5
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

They also needed to do it to make the Kakuranger footage work. It was getting harder to work around. Its funny because the Ninja Zords were released second in Sentai. PR flipped it. The Battle Borgs were also around before the Shogun counterpart. So it makes sense why they were stuck using the morphed Sentai footage. They could have had the regular Rangers just change costumes. But as Zabitan says it was likely because the actors wanted a break. They did much longer seasons back then and the schedule could be grueling.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 05:29 PM   #6
Zabitan
Administrator

I think the battle borgs came after the Shogun zords in Kakuranger too.

That makes sense. it makes me wish they had just switched out suits at the beginning of Season 3 since they lost their powers, and had to get new ones anyway.

If there's one nice thing I can say about it is that I like seeing Kakuranger as an alien Ranger team because they wouldn't be used otherwise.

Makes me wish that whole thing about the Dairanger suits being ancient Rangers in Lost Galaxy was true for that same reason.
Old 06/11/20, 08:57 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I heard it had something to do with the actors wanting to take a break for a while.

My biggest pet peeve with Alien Rangers is that it seems like everything important like the power coins being destroyed, The command center being destroyed, the Zeo quest could have just been one 2 or 3 parter.
Correct the actors wanted a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
They also needed to do it to make the Kakuranger footage work. It was getting harder to work around. Its funny because the Ninja Zords were released second in Sentai. PR flipped it. The Battle Borgs were also around before the Shogun counterpart. So it makes sense why they were stuck using the morphed Sentai footage. They could have had the regular Rangers just change costumes. But as Zabitan says it was likely because the actors wanted a break. They did much longer seasons back then and the schedule could be grueling.
I don't think the footage made a difference since they easily could've worked around it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I think the battle borgs came after the Shogun zords in Kakuranger too.

That makes sense. it makes me wish they had just switched out suits at the beginning of Season 3 since they lost their powers, and had to get new ones anyway.

If there's one nice thing I can say about it is that I like seeing Kakuranger as an alien Ranger team because they wouldn't be used otherwise.

Makes me wish that whole thing about the Dairanger suits being ancient Rangers in Lost Galaxy was true for that same reason.
yup they came between Shogun and Ninja in Sentai
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 09:44 PM   #8
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

I messed the Battleborg's timeline up. My mistake.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 11:57 PM   #9
Zabitan
Administrator

Eh that's okay

They look pretty similar plus they still used the Shogun Megazord as a finisher during the episodes with the Battleborgs.

THat reminds me though I wonder if they couldn't have just made the Battle Borgs new zords for the existing Rangers if they never did the Alien Rangers arc.
Old 06/12/20, 01:39 AM   #10
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Most likely. I think they would have changed costumes too.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply