View Single Post
Old 12/11/14, 06:54 PM   #10
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers Legacy

Chapter 10: Pride of the Red Lion

Luven held up a a 3D projected image of a flying island in the sky, shaped like a Turtle. Chosav looked it over. “What is this supposed to do for me?” he asked, looking at the scientist in an irritated fashion. “The island is home to some of the most power Zords ever known to exist. If you could get them under control, they'd be a great asset to the Empire.” “I see..Thank you, Luven. Continue your research.” the samurai dressed general exited the lab, the Black Phantom Ranger approaching him without her helmet on. The two looked at one another in silence, until Chosav backhanded the female warrior across the face. “This is your last chance to prove yourself to the Emperor that you are not inept! Fail me again and you will cease to exist.” Nodding silently, she would turn and walk away.

Down on Earth, Jerome stood in a white hallway, leaning against a wall with his hands in his pockets. A man in a doctors jacket approached him, carrying a clipboard with notes on it. “Mr. Johnson?” “Yes?” Jerome asked, standing up straight. “I'm Dr. Steward Harvey, nice to meet you.” the two shook hands. “Whats the news, doctor?” the teenager asked in a concerned manner. “There is no easy way to say this. Your mother's treatments are starting to become insufficient. At this rate, chemotherapy may no longer be an option for her. The best option is, if the treatments no longer work period, is to make her as comfortable as possible.” The doctor said, looking down at his clipboard before giving a nod. “I'm sorry, Mr. Johnson.”

Later on at the basketball court, Diane and Vanessa were going against Jake and Spike in a basketball game, both teams having three points in a four point game. “Okay boys, if we win, you have to clean our houses.” Diane said, bouncing the ball a few times. “If we win ,you have to take us on a double date.” Spike said, giving Jake a sly grin. “Oh it is so on!” Vanessa said, the two teams trying their best to out maneuver each other on the court. Zeke was sitting next to Jerome on a nearby bench, glancing at him. “J-Man, you've been quiet since you got here. What's on your mind?” “Zeke, there's something I've been wanting to tell you guys but, its just hard to get-” Jerome was cut off by a beep.

“Rangers, I need you all to come to the Garage asap! I'm getting a wired reading on the computers.” T.K's voice came through their watches, with Diane going for a one armed slam dunk as she finished talking. “We'll be there soon, Jerome out.” said the field leader, the team gathering together. “Looks like you're gonna be some nice maids this weekend!” said Vanessa with a high five to her friend, Jake and Spike groaning.

At the Garage, the six teenagers stood behind T.K who was mapping out different charts and data figures across her desk. “There's been energy spikes in the sky since this morning, always constant and slow. After doing some number crunching, I got an estimated position of the source, and you're not going to believe what I found.” she said, bringing up an image of a Turtle shaped flying island.

“No way, is that what I think it is?” Zeke asked, eyes wide. “Yes, its the Animarium, the home of the Wild Force powers and Zords.” said Jake, glancing to T.K curiously. “Why is it giving off energy readings?” “Honestly, I'm not sure, but there's also this from about ten minutes ago.” the tech assistant replied, bringing up an image of a small ship heading towards the flying island.

“See if you can magnify that..” Jerome said, squinting at the screen. T.K hit a few keys and the image zoomed in. “That's a Tul'Van scout ship!” T.K said, sitting down in her chair, fingers flying over her keyboard. “What could they want with the Animarium?” asked Vanessa. “The Wild Zords.” said Zeke, a look of realization hitting his face. “If the Empire gets those animals under their control, they'll have a powerful ally.” Spike said. “T.K, how can we get there?” “Teleportation; I am accessing the Morphing Grid's history and the first team was able to teleport long distances. I'm sending you there...Now.” The six warriors didn’t even get a chance to respond; as soon as T.K hit the enter button, they all vanished in a light of their respective color.

On the Animarium, Chosav and Black Phantom Ranger roamed the dense jungle like areas, keeping an eye out for the Wild Zords when a loud roar caught their attention. “Our main target is the Red Lion.” Chosav said to his subordinate, who leapt high into the air and landing atop a tree for a better view. Inside the far away temple, the sleeping Princess Shayla awoke from her sleep.

The six Rangers landed in a small pile on a plain like area, trying to untangle themselves from one another. “Remind me to ask T.K to not do that again” Zeke said, standing up while brushing himself off. “Tell me about it.” said Diane, shaking her head to get some lose grass out of her hair. “Come on, we need to find the Wild Zords before they do.” Jake said, glancing over to Jerome who looked unfocused. “You okay?” “Huh? Oh yeah, yeah, fine.” Jerome replied. “Let's go find us some Wild Zords.” Spike yelled enthusiastically, the six of them heading toward a large rock formation.

Chosav and Black Phantom were on a cliff looking over most of the Animarium, spotting the Rangers. “I see we have uninvited guests in our search. Take care of them.” spoke the General, Black Phantom leaping from their spot down to the Rangers. “We meet again!” she said with a chuckle, the six friends getting into fighting stances. “I should have known you'd come here..I'm going to stop you, even if it means beating sense into you!” Jake said, all of them spinning their watch faces and calling out “Legacy Power, Activate!” the six transformed into their Ranger outfits, charging Black Phantom whose dark energies glowed around her body.

As the two forces fought one another, the General made his way towards another roar that came from the direction of an ancient Temple. Approaching it, he witnessed an incredible sight; The Red Lion Wild Zord was standing guard. “This shall be too easy.” Chosav said, grabbing his sword handle and starting to pull the weapon out of his scabbard, only to stop when a gush of water shot out of the temple, knocking him backwards. Looking up, he saw Princess Shayla walking down the steps, looking elegant, regal, and unhappy. “You dare to invade this sanctuary? The sacred Animarium will never fall to the forces of evil!” “The Red Lion will be mine!” he declared, sending a sword wave at her. The Princess leapt over it, spinning in mid air as the Red Lion growled beside her.

“Dark Transcendence!” Black Phantom roared, turning into a wolf wearing all black and sporting a horn out of its head. “What is that?!” Legacy Pink asked in alarm. “That's Zen-Aku, the Duke Org.” Legacy Blue answered. “He was an enemy of the Wild Force Rangers until they broke the curse of the Wolf Mask.” Ghost explained. “Then let's show them the power of Wild Force!” yelled Legacy Green. Everyone raised their Morphers together, except Legacy Red who looked distracted once more. “Jerome? Jerome what's wrong?” asked Legacy Yellow, the Red Ranger shaking his head furiously before holding up his Morpher, the six spinning the hands to hit 10:00, crying out “Legacy Transcendence! Wild Access!” The Legacy Ranger assumed the powers of the Wild Force Rangers, posing while they did the roll call. “Blazing Lion!” Soaring Eagle!” “Noble Tiger!” “Surging Shark!” “Iron Bison!” “Howling Wolf!” with a multicolored explosion going off behind them while brandishing their weapons of the past. 'Red Lion Fang!” “Golden Eagle Sword!” “Blue Shark Fighting Fins!” “Black Bison Ax!” “White Tiger Baton!” “Lunar Cue!” Black Phantom Zen-Aku summoned their Crescent Blade, sending out a wave of crescent shaped energy, yelling “Crescent Wave!”

Princess Shayla and Chosav stared each other down for a moment, the General rushing at her with a slash of his blade, she sidestepping the blow and striking at him with a multitude of kicks, causing him to drop his weapon., the Red Lion sending out a ball of fire. The General grabbed his weapon, glaring at the two. “You've trained yourself since when last you fought the Orgs.” “I'm a guardian of the Earth, regardless of not being a Power Ranger.” Letting out an irritated grunt, Chosav would turn his back towards the duo. “I have business to attend too. Once I finish those Rangers off, you are next!” “Rangers are here..?” Princess Shayla asked herself, looking up to the Red Lion who let out a roar in the direction of the cliffs. Shayla climbed onto its back, the two running off towards the battle.

“Team, put them together!” Legacy Wild Force Red ordered, the five combining their weapons to form the Jungle Sword. “Savage Slash!!” The team brought the extended blade down on Black Phantom Zen-Aku, who brought up their Crescent Blade in an attempt to block it, but the force of the Rangers' attack forced them to buckle to one knee, Legacy Lunar Wolf Ranger swinging their Lunar Cue to send out a green field, with three colored spheres appearing on it, their enemy frozen in place. “Lunar Break!” he called, sending the three spheres bouncing around the energy field and slamming into Black Phantom Zen-Aku's face, cracking the Wolf Mask.

Black Phantrom ranger fell, punching the ground multiple times and crying out “Why can't I beat you?!” “Because we will never give up when it comes to protecting our planet!” responded Legacy Wild Force Yellow. “You lack the dedication and perseverance of what it really means to be a Ranger!” Legacy Wild Force Blue chimed in. “But most of all, you lack your humanity..” Legacy Lunar Wolf said, his voice almost cracking, he and the others returning to their base states. Staggering to get up, Black Phantom turned when she heard footsteps approaching. “C-Chosav, help me..” she pleaded, the General stopped in front of her, drawing his sword. “You have failed the Empire for the last time!” he declared, slashing her with a powered up sword wave, Black Phantom letting out a pained scream and reverting to normal as she fell onto her stomach.

“EVE!!” Ghost Ranger called out, running over to her as Chosav kept walking over to the Rangers, the Sixth Ranger rolling Eve onto her back, looking her over. “T.K! I need you to do me favor.” he said into his watch. “Name it.” the voice replied, Ghost removing the Morpher from his sisters wrist. “I need you to teleport Eve and her Morpher back to the garage. “What?! After all that’s happened between you and her-” “Now, T.K. Put the Morpher under lock and key so no one can get to it.” “Alright, but you owe me for this one! Teleporting now.” Eve and the Black Phantom Morpher vanishing in a burst of black light.

“It is time for me to destroy you pests. My Emperor will be most pleased when I present him your lifeless bodies,” “That's not going to happen!” Legacy Green retorted, the five bringing out their weapons and attacking, Ghost Ranger joining them in the battle. The General swung his blade in a wide arc, a moon forming behind him as she sent out dozens of energy sword strikes with a yell of “Full Moon Despair!” The team went flying in different directions, De-Morphing. “I wish it hadn't come down to that. I trained her well after convincing the young woman that her three friends betrayed her. Chosav said with a dark laugh. “She was so easy to manipulate!”
Jerome's mind was jumbled mess, his thoughts racing. “My team is down! He struck down his own teammate, he brainwashed her and had her fight her own brother and friends! What am I going to tell the others about my Mother? How are we going to beat this guy!?” Soon a calm came over him, a serene reassurance. The Song of Animaria played in his bones as a deep voice echoed. “Red Warrior. Your heart is pure and contains the courage of a Lion. I will aid you in this fight.”

Jerome looked up to see Princess Shayla and the Red Lion standing on a cliff above them, the Wild Zord glowing before turning into energy and shooting into Jerome's body, the young man floating into the air and roaring out “RED LEGACY BATTLEIZER!!” His Legacy Ranger suit formed onto his body, followed by a golden armor that had lion like claw gauntlets and greaves, as well as red wings behind him. “How?! No one has ever survived that attack before!” Chosav yelled, Legacy Red landing in front of him. “Team, this fight is not over yet! We still have an enemy to defeat! Show him the power of the Red Rangers!” The five others stood up, giving the General a glare and bringing their Morphers up and spinning them to different times. “Legacy Transcendence!” they all yelled at once, with Zeke becoming Mighty Morphin Red, Vanessa turned into the Red Alien Ranger, Spike shifted into the Red Turbo Ranger, Diane rockted into the Red Space Ranger, and Jake summoning the Red Zeo Ranger powers. The six Ranger stood together, red explosions going off behind them as they ran forward.

The five Red Legacy Rangers summoned their respective weapons of the past, bringing them against Chosav's weapon, he blocking their attacks as best as he could, kicking them away, only for the warriors to attack more fiercely. The battleizer wearing Legacy Red flew at the General, punching him with the Lion Gauntlets and kicked him with the greaves in the chest, sending him back. The Legacy Red Rangers powered up their weapons, each taking a turn attacking; “Power Sword!” “Aquatar Blade!” “Red Lightning Sword!” “Spiral Saber!” “Zeo Sword!” the red glowing blades struck Chosav with such power that he spun into the air where Legacy Red was waiting for him, holding his hands out as the Falcon Summoner appeared in them, pulling the string of the bow back. “This is for my mother..PHEONIX ARROW!” the energy bird like arrow shot forward, going through Chosav, the bird letting out a cry as he exploded.

After the battle, Princess Shayla approached the six warriors, who, now powered down, bowed before her. “You fought well to protect the Animarium. I thank you, as does the Red Lion...Red Warrior, what troubles you?” she asked, noticing Jerome looked upset.

“Your highness, I..My mother is very ill. She has an advanced cancer and I'm scared of losing her.” he said, starting to cry. “I tried to tell you, Zeke, but I just didn't know how to say it.” Zeke hugged his best friend tightly, Princess Shayla looking to the Red Lion who let out a roar. “He looked into your heart and has spoken to me. He says you are that of a Lion, courageous and true. I have something that could help your Mother, come with me.” she said, leading the group to the temple.

The Rangers returned to Earth via the bridge the Wild Zords used to get from their home to the human world. Jerome high tailed it to his house, running up the staircase two at a time and knocking on his mother bedroom door. “Come in, son.” she said weakly, Jerome handing her a bottle of crystal like water. “Whats this? Mrs. Johnson asked. “Water from a special place, go ahead and drink it.” he said, remembering how Princess Shayla lead them to her temple, taking a glass vial and filled it with the sacred water and turned the vial into a bottle. “Take this to your Mother, Red Warrior. It will take a little while to work, but she will feel healed with each drink. I am afraid I must now return to my sleep, with the Red Lion as my guardian once again. Farewell, fellow Guardians of the Earth.” Mrs. Johnson slowly drank, setting the bottle beside her on the nightstand, Jerome leaving the room with the door cracked and saying a silent thanks to the Princess.

Back at the Garage, Jake and T.K were going over Eve's Morpher and vital signs; though she was hurt, she would survive the attack. The Proto Morpher was placed into a sealed vault, and when the girl woke up, she hugged her brother tightly, sobbing as she apologized over and over. Jake gently patted her back, stroking her hair gently while doing his best to calm her down.

On the Tul'Van ship, Luven was still going through the data files. “There are so many other ways to gain power..We'll use the past to destroy their future then.” He said, hitting a switch and activating a machine, laughing.

-To Be Continued-

Last edited by The Ghost Ranger; 12/16/14 at 05:43 AM.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote