View Single Post
Old 03/25/11, 12:50 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default RE: Tzachor views Disney Seasons as uncanon?

From Rangerboard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatZilla98
Chris Funaro sets the record straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Star
First 20 minutes.

- Chris spends some time at the beggining explaining how universe-continuity is not really that important in Japan/eastern culture and whatnot and why PR fans should finally get it (which is puzzling to me considering we're talking american/western PR here. I don't care how the show is made. It's made for american/western audience who cares about continuity so why should american/western fans accept something that's relevant to eastern style of fiction?)

- Tzachor treats PR as his own and will do what he wants and feels like and yes, he wants the show to be succesful but only in his own way. Tzachor L-O-V-E-S Sentai and wants PR to be basically Sentai with english-speaking cast. Was pressed for 9 years he couldn't work on PR. Some Lee Marshall woman who worked on MMPR Productions posted on her Facebook "Jonathan is great, everything he does is for right reasons and good for the show, you don't know him, you wouldn't have the show without him" blah blah fans-suck-BS

- Chris says again he had 2 sources going on "Disney season are out" and thinks with Ricardo Medina's return it basically confirms that WF will be treated as the last season before Samurai.

Quality of the podcast is bad (I don't get why some voices are pushed to the right speaker and some to the left) so it's a pain to listen. Maybe someone will do the rest or maybe I will manage to get through it all. And frankly, it's REALLY hard to know which parts of what Chris says are his personal opinions/interpretation and which are some inside-production scoop so take everything in this podcast with a BIG grain of salt.

EDIT 1: I'm in the 23rd minute and it's getting hilarious. These people in the podcast think they're some superior part of the fandom, or 'teh seriouz' PR & fiction analytics and experts LOLOLOLOLOLOL

EDIT 2: OK they've toned down the superiority thing but here comes another thing. 50 minutes in they complain about comic reboots and how it's bad because because of this lack of continuity and canceling of previous events there's lack of feel of consequences and it's hard to get into. But that's how PR has been for several years, basically rebooting itself every year. And Chris at the beggning kinda tried to defend eastern style of writing and lack of universe-continuity. So yeah, PR gets a pass because it's eastern-based yet american comics don't because they're american? LOL They've said reboots are lazy writing. I call eastern writing with lack of care for continuity exactly the same.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote