View Single Post
Old 02/24/14, 07:47 PM   #14
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Crabor brags about how Grimlord will make him a general for this but Dark Heart tells his to do his job, and another mutant tells them Torpedobot is watching which we see for ourselves.

The Troopers arrive at the harbor, and split up to find Jeb then Ryan runs into Crabor, and transforms.

Ryan does a mid air summersault but Crabor electrocutes him with his tentacles so Ryan uses Lighting Hand to cut off.

Then Ryan interrogates Crabor about Jeb’s whereabouts but Crabor runs off, and Ryan goes Aww man.

Meanwhile JB runs into Frogbot, and transforms, and Frogbot sends some Skugs so JB shoots them with his Ray gun. While Kaitlin finds Jeb’s cage.

Crabor is trying to get away from Ryan so he summersaults up to Crabor who pretends to give up but the Professor warns Ryan that Torpedobot is in position.

Frogbot is firing lasers at JB, and disappears but Ryan tells JB that Frogbot has teleported to the quarry so JB uses the VR Fighter Bike to go there, and runs over Frogbot with it.

Crabor continues to feign giving up but then uses a tentacle to electrocute Ryan while using the other to tie him up with a chain while Torpedobot watches

Frogbot is running after JB so we see the only thing cooler than a Laser Lance a Laser Lance on a motorcycle.

Torpedobot watches as Ryan is being defeated but Ryan breaks out, and rolls around to avoid Crabor’s tentacles.

Then Ryan jump kicks Crabor off the ship they were fighting on, and Torpedobot takes matters into his own hands, and launches himself at the ship but Ryan gets out of the way.

The Troopers are reunited with Jeb, and At the Virual Dungeon Crabor is shamed for losing to Ryan.

Then the Troopers hold a party for Jeb who uses the Lab’s machines to materialize a steak but it gets burnt to a crisp, and then Ryan finally explains that today’s message is about why dogs are man’s best friend, and that’s it.

Final Thoughts

This was an alright episode nothing much on the plot but a lot of good fight scenes, and funny bits.

What’s odd is that this is one of those episodes where not only is the plot of the episode like the plot of the source episode but I think there’s more plot since the Metalder episode was just about him learning about his creator, and God Neros sending out one bad guy from each of his armies.

Well the Spielban episode did have this weird plot about a girl trying to cross cacti with aquatic flowers, and I think there was something about her being part plant herself, and Waher trying to get their hands on her research so they could create their own cactus/water/plant/human hybrids or combine the Waher god’s DNA with them or something I’m not sure since the only Spielban episodes I’ve seen so far are in Portugese.

But even then I’m only watching them for the fight scenes, and usable footage, and on that front not much I wish was left in other than the part in Metalder where Top Gunder is talking to Gamadone.

And in Spielban the monster had this weird laser shooting flying probe that was part of him, and Spielban used the Gran Nazca’s cannon formation on some spaceships but that was it.

Diana didn’t transform so that’s why we got the Battle Grid segment to give Kaitlin some transformed fighting.

What’s weird is that there are these VR Troopers panini stickers (here) that were only available in Europe, and this episode was one of the episodes they used, and it shows Kaitlin in full armor fighting Skugs so I’m guessing they filmed a fight for Kaitlin but then decided the Battle Grid fight was enough.

Random thought on that though for the longest time from about the fall of 01 when I first saw these to spring 06 when I finally saw VR Troopers in it’s entirety I thought there was a Battle Grid segment with Ryan, and JB but not Kaitilin because of the sticker that just shows Ryan, and JB in Battle Grid mode.

Anyway tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Last edited by Zabitan; 03/18/14 at 02:20 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote