View Single Post
Old 09/08/09, 07:34 PM   #5
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

"Originally Posted by American Reject
chaotic is not like pokemon, and to tell you the truth, Kamen Rider is not quite like Power Rangers, i think it is even more retarded, lol."

AR speaks the truth.
Yet another quote from the 4kids forum. Really, more retarded than Power Rangers? Hmmm... So a show that takes itself seriously and places characters in believably dangerous situations is worse than a show where the worst the villain can come up with is ruining the school dance... Honestly, there truly is no justice in the world when such a comment is posted. If these kids really want to bash something cheap and poorly conceived why don't they spam the Dinosaur King forum thread? It's like how Speed Racer the movie (which I enjoyed to know end) did poorly at the box office, while Nicolodeons crappy "Speed Racer: the Next Generation" is still running. Fitting how the next generation is worse than the original, don't ya' think.

What's even more troubling to me is that these kids feel the same contempt not only for Tokusatsu (most don't know what that is), but to all realms of fantasy. I've met children who express deep contempt, and actually become enraged at the mere mention of Godzilla, Power Rangers, Cloverfield, Speed Racer (the movie) and even Iron Man! Are children really convinced there's no point in fantasy, the fantastic and the surreal... Let's hope not.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote