View Single Post
Old 12/21/14, 12:10 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: What ever happened to PRN?

Yeah it was clearly the number 2 pr forum in its heyday. The website died off because PRN Ranger lost interest. The forum was being run by various Admins for a long time. After awhile Marzeo took full control and once they started having trouble on the old domain they rebranded into Ranger Power. Problem was people started to lose interest in the board and Marzeo got too busy. Eventually the board shut down with the promise of returning. But it never did.

Micheal Bastian was the one in charge during the forum's prime. He left and ended up taking over PRC and launching Rangertalk. Some years later ( after Ranger Power had gone on their own). Micheal bought PRN from PRN Ranger. The old board database was imported into Rangertalk. The domain was pointed there. Unforunately that version of Rangertalk crashed so all the board info was lost.

I actually bought PRN from Mike a few years back. Thats why the old website is back up now. I had someone willing to do a new version of the site. But they never really got beyond designing a new splash that I had up for awhile. I toyed with the idea of bringing back PRN with the old layout and even have linked to an early board PRN used before they went vbulletin. But I just don't have the time with PRO. Which I don't even update right now lol.

The only way the PRN vbulletin could come back is if Marzeo or one of his own people still have the database for Ranger Power. Starting from scratch would be pretty difficult. REALLY i doubt Marzeo or any of the old team want to come back. Even if Ranger Power did come back with the old database success would be hard. The fandom has moved on and all the old members wouldnt just come back right away.

I know from experience from trying to do the same with PRO. Rebuilding a board years after its prime is very hard. It would take someone super dedicated who was as passoniate about bringing PRN back as much as I was with PRO. Or Mike was with PRC Website. And the way Mesogog is now with PRE.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote