View Single Post
Old 06/22/15, 03:09 PM   #4
Peter
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Did you like the Zeo episode,"It Came from Angel Grove?

What I loved about MMPRs3 was that the writing/creative team had finally figured out how to use the Japanese footage to tell their own stories, and explore their own world.

What I adored about Zeo was that the writing/creative team collectively seemed to say, "Screw it, let's do whatever the hell we feel like."

Which gave us a long line of concept episodes, where they gave the audience something totally left-of-centre, a twist on the typical "Power Rangers" conventions that still made for fabulously entertaining episodes.

My favourite out of the bunch (and one of my favourite episodes of all time, without question) was "Instrument of Destruction" (it was Power Rangers meets Phantom of the Opera, and I loved every second of it) ... but I agree with everybody else.

"It Came From Angel Grove" was a lovely, lovely episode. It was interesting and funny and different, and played with PR's formula. Like Adam, I assumed that the professor was Billy, but of course, it wasn't, Billy was the mad Dr Frankenstein-expy (which actually makes a lot more sense, if you think about.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote