View Single Post
Old 10/23/06, 09:34 PM   #1
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

Default Masked Rider Episode 1: "Escape From Edenoi, Part 1"

Download and discuss:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2SZONNF1

__________________________________________________ ____________

Even though this dates back to 1994, I forgot how cheesy it was. Despite that, I really enjoyed it. Dex is actually pretty cool and the whole Edenoi story is pretty good. I especially liked all of the Edenoi scenes. The show has a really nice setup. Maybe if they focused on that more than the family stuff, it would've been successful.

The family is annoying and I definitely blame that for the show's failure. I think the biggest problem was the actors were weak. Especially Albie, but since this was done 12 years ago, I was able to look past it. I actually thought the family aspect was good, but it would've been better if everyone wasn't so darn happy. The neighbor - Molly and her geeky friend Herbie were good for a laugh though.

Ferbus is obviously my biggest annoyance. I actually forgot how annoying he is, but everytime he's onscreen I cringed. TJ Roberts does a great job with Dex though. He's the strongest character and although the writing's a little cheesy, he definitely does justice to the hero role. Count Dregon and his crew seem pretty cool as well. They definitely remind me a lot of the MMPR days.

Overall, good first impression. I'll give it an 8 for at least being more entertaining than most of S.P.D.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote