View Single Post
Old 09/04/17, 02:41 AM   #3
Kaoskid
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Power Rangers Pirate Squadron

Chapter 2: Set sail

Crimzen glared at the screen. "Bones, tell me that's not what I think it is."

"Yes." Bones sighed. "They've set up a base in solar orbit. They're going to be here a while."

"Good. Let's find the Great Treasure, tick them off more, and get ghost."

Allie gave the captain a look.

"And save all that we can, of course." Crimzen added. "Joe?"

"Yes Captain?"

"Find out what's so special about this planet, why the Zang are willing to keep coming back here. Sanna, make sure we have enough explosives. Allie, boot up the Oracle system."

The Oracle system activated: "Future rewards lie in past knowledge. Ask the Boy in Black."

THEME SONG TIME:

Sailors of the Sea of Stars, Heroes from beyond Mars,
Time to unite! Time to fight! Time for heroes to take flight!
Rangers return! With power to burn!
Time for evil to learn!
Pirates never fall! Rangers save us all!

PIRATE SQUADRON!
Power Rangers never lose! This power that we choose!
Corsairs of the sky! Rangers do or die!
POWER RANGERS!

"There's one!" Sanna shouted, pointing to a nearby boy wearing a black T-shirt and jeans.

"There's another!" Bones pointed at a boy dressed in black punk rocker gear.

"And there!" Allie pointed at a boy wearing black gothic attire.

"There has got to be a better way to do this." Joe sighed, seeing a group of kids all wearing black.

"Are you the space pirates?" A young boy, Caucasian, approached them. He wore a black hoodie and black jeans with black and white sneakers. "I know about the Great Treasure."

"He's wearing black?" Allie clapped her hands. "Marvelous!"

The Pirate Rangers followed the boy, Sammy, to a nearby building.

"So, where's the Treasure?" Crimzen asked, hands in his pockets, boots clanking like chains from the metal in them.

The boy paused. "How do you guys turn into past rangers?" He asked hurriedly.

The pirates exchanged blank looks. "Rangers? As in the Ranger keys?" Allie asked.
"Yes! The past teams! You know, Mighty Morphin', Mystic Force, Samurai..."

Crimzen whipped out the Red Ranger Keys mentioned. "These? We insert them into the Pirate Morphers, turn the key, and Shazam!"

Sammy smiled an unknowable smile "Here, hold it out like you're about to transform. I want to take a picture." Sammy took out a cell phone.

Crimzen nodded, stretching out the MMPR Red key.

"A little farther." Sammy begged, and Crimzen obliged.

" I just about...GOT IT!" Sammy went to grab the key, only for Crimzen to snatch it away, pocket it, and put Sammy in an arm hold in one fluid movement.

"Nice try, kiddo."

Sammy managed to snatch his arm away and pushed Crimzen away.

"Like I would know anything about the Treasure, moron!" Sammy ran away.

"Fool kid." Crimzen smiled. "But he nearly got me."

"With all due respect, he did 'get you' Captain." Joe's voice was deadpan, cold.

Crimzen thought about it, then checked his pockets. His Samurai key was gone! Crimzen's easy smile disappeared.

"Crimzen, don't get mad." Allie grabbed Crimzen's arm, forcing him to look at her.

"I'm not going to get mad, Princess." Crimzen rubbed the Felinian's hair. "I'm just going to find that kid and keelhaul him!" Crimzen ran after the kid, knocking Bones down in the process. True to his word, though, he had a smile on his face.

Allie ran after him, jumping neatly over Bones. "You can't keelhaul him!"

Joe sighed. He was not paid enough for this stuff.

Somewhere between Earth and Mars

Prince Payne snarled and stomped. "Is our new Elite ready?"

A huge green and grey Cy-Born Elite with red balls on his head, shoulders and chest stormed in. His head looked like a squid. "Commander Ku'Tu'Lu reporting for duty!"

"What is wrong with his head?" Payne whispered to his chief Scientist, Lykia.

"I don't know." She whispered back.

"Anyway... Find the pirates, break their faces, etc, etc. Go" The Prince waved Ku'Tu'Lu off.

Back on Earth.

Allie had caught up with Crimzen.

"Wow, Princess. I'm impressed. Once upon a time, you would've been exhausted by the first block." Crimzen grinned cheekily

Allie did not grin back. "Crimzen, what are you planning to do when you catch Sammy?"

"Is that why you followed me?"

"Of course."

"Well, keep following if you want." Crimzen turned on his heel and continued his search, Allie right behind him.

With the other three Rangers.

"Crimzen must really like that kid." Joe muttered.

"Yeah, he looked like he was having fun." Sanna laughed.

"What? Really?" Bones shook his head. This team was confusing.

A nearby Shipyard

Sammy stared at the Samurai key. A sharp whistle caught his attention.

Crimzen was standing on the razor thin prow of the ship behind Sammy! Allie, not being completely insane, was merely standing on the edge of the deck. With a grin and a flip, Crimzen landed in front of Sammy.

"My key, please." The last Amaranthian held out his hand.

"Never! You're not going to use it to protect anyone, anyway! You just want your "Great Treasure" and fly off after making the Zang mad at us!" The kid was really worked up now. " For all your brave talk the other day, you meant none of it! You're nothing but a selfish, inconsiderate, spoiled brat!"

Crimzen recoiled. "Even so..." His red eyes filled with tears. "Even so... the man who saved my life gave me these keys. They're all that's left of Legend Red! And I need them...to fulfill my promise as a Pirate."

"We all have promises to keep." Sammy clenched the key tighter. "We all have families to protect, and people to avenge. Why should you be the one to hold this power?"

"Why do you need it?" Allie asked gently, doing her best to defuse the situation.

"My father...during the War...he tried to save me."

Crimzen's eyes widened. He flashed back to that day, the day Legend Red died.

Crimzen was trapped! No where left to go! The flames stretched toward him, and the Cy-born closed in. Then HE was there. Legend Red. In one fell swoop he cleared the wire of the Cy-born.

"Crimzen, take these. Guard them well." Legend Red addressed his friend solemnly. "Find the Greatest Treasure in the universe, for both our sakes." and with that, Legend Red charged into the battle.

"And that's why I need the key! No one else should have to fall! NO ONE ELSE NEEDS TO DIE!" Sammy broke down crying into Allie's arms. Even Crimzen was saddened by the boy's story.

Just then the Zang attacked! The Felinian and Amaranthian glanced at each other.

"To be continued, kid." Crimzen ran towards the enemy, Allie on his heels.

The Zang Elite, Ku'Tu'Lu, fired his missiles at nearby buildings, as his foot soldiers shot at the civilians.

The Five rangers and Sammy ran to the center of the commotion. As they witnessed the terror and destruction, Sammy clutched his stolen key until it drew blood.

A Pirate Morpher was thrust into his face. Crimzen smiled. "If you want to fight, fight."

"Crimzen, he's a kid!" Allie gasped.

"Beat them, you can keep the key." Crimzen smirked. "Do nothing, get nothing."

Sammy snatched the Morpher out of Crimzen's hands and transformed, becoming a miniature version of the Red Samurai Ranger! He ran at the Zang, Katana in the air.

Allie made a movement to stop him, but Crimzen waved her off. "This is something the Kid has to do himself."

The boy slashed and sliced with the Katana, spinning and dodging blows.

"Will he be ok?" Allie asked.

"NMP." Crimzen put his hands in his pockets. It was an acronym, standing for "Not My Problem."

The other rangers ran to the Captain and their Negotiator. "What's going on? Who's that?" Sanna blurted out

"The boy, Sammy. Crimzen decided to let him fight."

"Captain-" Joe started, "With all due respect, are you insane?"

"I know what I'm doing." Crimzen promised.

Finishing off the last of the Cy-Born, Sammy rushed towar Ku'Tu'Lu. He swung with all his might in a downward thrust!

Ku'Tu'Lu blocked it with an air of disdain. "Yeah. No." He snarled before punching Sammy in the chest, sending him rolling. "I am a Cy-Born elite! Did you really think I would lose so easily?"

Sammy attacked again, only for his blade to be stopped, and the betentacled monster to kick him in the side. While Sammy struggled to rise , the Cy-Born soldier stomped on the unfortunate boy before throwing him like a ragdoll. Sammy took one last swing, only to be blocked again and sent flying with a swift kick. As Sammy tried to escape, Ku'tu'Lu advanced. The alien struck the boy with a backhanded blow that sent him flying, causing him to demorph when he landed.

The pirates ran to his side.

"Are you hurt?" Allie asked, gently lifting him up.

"I'm too weak. I couldn't protect Earth." Sammy was crushed, his voice no longer holding the fire he had earlier.

"Maybe not this way." Crimzen retrieved his Key and his morpher. "But there are other ways. So, find your way to protect Earth." Crimzen started to walk off, then stopped. "Sammy, is this planet worth protecting? Worth fighting for?"

Sammy nodded, the fire in his eyes returning. "Yes."

"Which part?"

"All of it. Every last bit."

Crimzen smiled, his back still to the boy. "Why, what's it worth?"

"You're a pirate, aren't you? Find out for yourself!" Sammy snapped.

Crimzen's smile grew wider. "Maybe we will. Let's go guys!" The pirates ran off, chasing Ku'Tu'Lu.

The Cy-Born and their master rampaged downtown, destroying all in their wake. Suddenly, a cold chill assaulted Ku'Tu'Lu's cybernetics, as if death itself whispered to him.

The Pirate rangers walked slowly toward him, eyes full of purpose.

"'Oh, What now?" Ku'Tu'Lu wondered.

"We were just looking for something." Crimzen held up his Red Pirate key. The other rangers held up their main keys. "RANGERS! SET SAIL!" They yelled as one!

Crimzen suddenly stood on the deck of the Galaxy Galleon. He burst forward, before grabbing a rope and launching himself high into the air on it. He let go at the Apex of his swing and a red and black ranger suit materialized on his body. When he landed in a three point stance, his red helmet appeared. The emblem on his helmet and chest glowed.

The same phenomenon happened with the other rangers, with their respective colors.

"Pirate Red." Crimzen stated, popping the collar of his suit.

"Pirate Blue." Joe pushed the front of his helmet in a manner reminiscent of his style of fixing his hair.

"Pirate Yellow!" Sanna yelled, then threw a peace sign salute at the monsters

"Pirate Green!" Bones excitedly ran his hands down his pants legs, as if to stop his legs from shaking.

"Pirate Pink!" Allie placed her hand over her heart and gave a slight bow.

"Power Rangers! Pirate Squadron!" The 5 yelled as one, and the Cy-Born could almost see the Jolly Ranger flying behind them.

"Let's go crazy!" Crimzen yelled, before opening fire, mowing down 5 Cy-born. The Cy-born charged, and the rangers charged right back!

(Note: Go play 5-4-1 by Ron Wasserman for this fight scene)

Crimzen went into the fray with his usual style, easily blocking blows from multiple Cy-Born and slashing them down. As one appeared before him, he shot it in the face before dealing an offhand backhand sword stab to the Cy-born running at him from behind.

Joe executed a quick combat roll into a thrust as he cleared the top of the stairs.

Already on the top floor was Allie, slashing at the Cy-born.

"Allie, swap!" Joe yelled, sliding his blaster across the floor.

Allie's feline eyes spotted the angles. She threw her sword, bouncing it off multiple Cy-born to Joe's waiting hand before kicking the blaster into her palm.

Now with two swords, Joe became a death dealing, slashing fiend! He blocked the strikes of three Cy-Born before slashing two in a quick combo and cutting the third with a scissor slash.

Allie leaped into the air, firing her blasters downward in a move that Dante from Devil may Cry would find awesome. No Cy-born on the bridge was left still standing.

Sanna and Bones on opposite sides of the tower, ran from the cybernetic fiends. When the monsters caught up to Bones, he leapt from the walkway he was on to the ground below.

"incoming!" Sanna shouted down to her partner, before tossing her blaster. Bones managed to catch it, and quickly kicked his Cutlass to her.

"Sweet." Sanna grinned a predatory smile behind her helmet, before unleashing a shockwave that cleared out half the Cy-Born she was fighting and rushing up the next flight of stairs to continue.

Bones, now with guns akimbo, kicked down a barrel and spun after it, before popping up and shooting the other barrels, letting the resulting explosion take out the Cy-Born.

Crimzen, still on the ground floor, slashed a Cy-Born across the chest, kicked a second away and executed a spinning slash on a third that had leaped to tackle him. Completing the spin, he shot the Cy-Born he had kicked, before turning and impaling a fourth. He sensed something and turned. Three Cy-born Arms, the kind with blaster limbs approached! Crimzen grabbed an unfortunate Cy-born and used it as a shield to block the blasts, before firing some of his own when the Cy-born Arms strayed too close. His team appeared beside him. As one mind, they activated the key slots on their weapons, then flipped the keys into the air. The Ranger Keys landed perfectly.

Crimzen held his Blaster and Cutlass at his sides. To his Right, Bones posed with his guns in the air and Allie looked down her sights. To his left, Joe crossed his blades in an X pattern and Sanna spun her blades.

"Final Blast!" The Gunners fired their weapons, waves of green and pink energy destroying the first armored alien cyborg.

"Final Slash!" The sword swingers slashed through the second.

"Final Crash!" And Crimzen, not to be outshone, fired his blaster, releasing an energy bullet before swinging his blade, unleashing an energy beam that propelled the bullet faster, destroying the final alien monster.

"Now, it's time to make Calamari." Joe said as the Pirates turned to find Ku'Tu'Lu.

The Elite appeared from nowhere, firing his rockets! The rangers were forced to dodge.

"I'm way stronger than the Cy-born Arms!" he declared, firing again.

"SPD Emergency!" The Rangers declared right before the missiles struck. The missiles exploded.

Out of the fireball , the image of the team, now transformed into the SPD rangers, appeared. They had used SPD's weapons to shoot down the missiles!

Turning toward the shocked Cy-Born Elite, they opened fire, blasting him multiple times.

"Now, I'm mad!" he roared. Revealing a blade in his arm, he charged!

"Ninja Storm, Ranger form!" The rangers inserted the proper keys to become the Power Rangers ninja storm. A screen blocked the Cy-Born and the rangers as they used ninja speed to slash and kick him. It disappeared as quickly as it appeared and Ku'Tu'Lu was sent flying!

"Now, you're going to be seeing red!" Crimzen declared "Go, Go Samurai!" He inserted the key and became the red Samurai ranger.

"Wild Access!" Joe yelled as he turned his key, and became the red Wild force ranger.

"Magical source, mystic force!" Sanna turned her key and became the Red Mystic Ranger

"Go, Go Megaforce" Bones transformed into the Red Megaforce ranger.

"Jungle Beast, Spirit unleashed!" Allie turned into the Red Jungle fury ranger.

Ku'Tu'Lu panicked at the sight of five reds.

"It's payback from before." Crimzen explained, swiping the katana across his hand. Bones and Sanna unleashed a flaming tornado! As Ku'Tu'Lu reeled from the heat, Allie and Joe appeared, pummeling him with their fists!

As they moved to the side, Crimzen finished the fight with three lightning quick slashes.

The rangers turned as Ku'Tu'Lu fell and exploded. Why watch the death of a monster not worth mourning?

The Cy-Born General, Midos, watched the fight from the screen. "Payne is not going to be happy."

"I'm on it." Lykia unveiled her new invention, the Magna Cannons. "Time for a field test." She aimed the controller at the planet and pulled the trigger. The flagship responded, revealing two large laser cannons that fired on where Ku'Tu'Lu had died, bringing him back at titanic sizes along with the three Cy-Born Arms!

"Now, I'm the one with the power!" Ku'Tu'Lu roared.

Joe rolled his eyes inside the suit. "Captain?"

Crimzen had folded his arms. "Yeah.... this is getting silly." the red eyed man whipped out his morpher and summoned the ship, the Galaxy Galleon. The five rangers grabbed onto the entrance ropes of the ship the second it appeared,

Crimzen took the wheel. As they approached the first Cy-born he barked out an order. "Fire portside cannons!" The cannons pelted the Cy-Born Arm, bringing it down instantly

"Hard to port!" Crimzen declared, spinning the wheel and ramming the second of the blue creatures with the blade on the GG. "And now, hard to starboard!" Crimzen spun the wheel again, and the forward cannons blasted the final Cyborn Arm. "Everyone ready?"

"Fine." Joe replied coolly.

"All good" Sanna saluted.

"Clear, Captain!" Bones declared.

"Yes!" Allie nodded.

"Then let's go!" Crimzen declared.

The four hidden Zord in the Galaxy Galleon appeared, the Skipper, The Schooner, the Trawler and the Scout.

Joe's Skipper and Bones Trawler opened fire on the Cy-born that had been rammed by the GG earlier.

Sanna's Schooler and Allie's Scout shot another, causing it to fall as well.

"OK, let's put them together!" Crimzen declared.

"AYE, CAPTAIN!" The four rangers yelled.

The Zords transformed, the Skipper and Trawler becoming arms, the Schooner and Scout becoming legs, and the Galaxy Galleon becoming the main body of a large, Pirate styled mecha, complete with pirate hat!

The five rangers appeared in one cockpit. "Pirate Megazord!" They announced as the Megazord unsheathed it's cutlasses.

The Megazord swooped down, its size no indication for its speed. It slashed Ku'Tu'Lu before rounding on the Cy-Born Arms, slashing with its cutlasses. When the blue cyborg attempted to open fire, the Megazord simply flipped out of the way.

Ku'Tu'Lu grabbed the Megazord from behind. "Now you're done!" He roared, twisting a wheel he had found in it's back in a vain hope to decombine the zords.

Sanna laughed at him "Idiot!"

Instead, the wheel activated the main cannon! Cannonballs made of dark matter blasted the final Cy-Born Arm, taking it down.

"Hard to port!" Crimzen ordered, and all the rangers spun their ship's wheels.

The rangers pulled out their Pirate keys and inserted them into the slot. "FINISHING MOVE!" They yelled. " Star Burst!" The arms and legs of the ship opened up, revealing dark matter cannonballs for the main cannon...which they proceeded to unload on Ku'Tu'Lu. For 10 seconds straight. Finally, he exploded!

The rangers flew off into the sunset.

"This planet has a beautiful sunset, doesn't it?" Sanna smiled.

"Yes. it truly does." Joe let a wistful smile play across his face.

Allie though to herself That boy, Sammy. His words...no his determination touched something in the Captain. I wonder if we'll ever see him again.

Bones on the other hand, had a startling revelation "We never resolved the prophecy!" He yelled as the team entered Briarwood.

Outside, a man in a black cloak watched the ship enter.

"Pirates, I would have never believed it." He joke, pulling the hood back to reveal Nick Russell, the red mystic ranger!

I thought I heard the Old Man say
You can go ashore and take your pay.
And it's time for us to leave her

Leave her, Johnny, leave her!
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her!
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her.

And we'll leave her tight
and we'll leave her trim
And heave the hungry packet in
It's time for us to leave her.

Leave her, Johnny, leave her!