Old 11/06/06, 03:47 AM   #2
Aussie Rider
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Aussie Rider Send a message via AIM to Aussie Rider

Today
Bistro la Salle

“Hiyori!” Tendou called, Juka close behind. “Are you here?”
“Yeah,” the quiet chef/waitress said. “What is it?”
“I need you to look after Juka for a while,” he said.
“Konichiwa,” his little sister said with a bright smile.
“Why me?” Hiyori asked.
“Because she likes your cooking,” Tendou said. “I need to help someone.”
“Well, I guess…”
“Thankyou,” Tendou said. “Juka. Be good, ok?”
“Are you going to bring Buffy-chan home?” Juka asked.
“Yes,” Tendou said with a smile.
“Good. Make sure you do.”

NORAD
“Sir, we have a problem.”
“What kind of problem?”
“You won’t believe me, sir,” the general looked at the monitor to see two trails in the water stretching halfway between Japan and America.
“Good God, what is that?”
“I have no idea, sir. There’s no torpedo, I can’t detect any kind of craft.”
If they set their satellites further towards America, they’d have seen a very amazing sight.

California
“CLOCK OVER!” The bike appeared on the road out of nowhere, a red metallic insect flying out from it following the road on a specific mission.

Sunnydale
“Well, so much for you,” Caleb mocked, surrounded by Bringers. “You shouldn’t have come here alone, girl.”
“What can I say?” Buffy said, her voice dripping with venom. “I’m acting irrationally.”
“Well, I can say I’m going to enjoy this. You may not.”
“Can I just kill you now?” Buffy asked. Before the fallen priest could answer, the roof gained a new hole as a small red blur zoomed through the crowed, knocking several Bringers back. “Well. That’s new.”
“What the hell is this?” Caleb demanded as the red blur hovered in front of Buffy.
“A metal bug…” Buffy said slowly as the bug thing began waving around angrily. Almost like it was…trying to tell Caleb off? “Cool.”
“You pathetic little slut! You think…?”
“Grandmother said this,” Buffy’s eyes went wide as she looked at the door. “’Women are to be treated with respect, for they are the mothers of the future’.”
“Tendou-kun?” Buffy whispered. Tendou looked at her with a smile.
“Yo,” he said good naturedly.
“What do you think you can possibly do?” Caleb demanded. Tendou looked at him harshly, and the Bringers still standing.
“Far more than you think possible,” he said. The beetle thing flew from it’s spot in front of Buffy in the Tendou’s hand. “Henshin!” He slid the beetle into the plate on the belt he had been keeping hidden.
“HENSHIN!” Light sparkled as Tendou was covered in strange, almost insect based armour.
“Cast Off!”
“CAST OFF! CHANGE BEETLE!”
“Clock Up!”
“CLOCK UP!”
He vanished much to the shock of all present. Suddenly, the Bringers dropped like puppets with their strings cut, gaping holes in their chests like a sharp object had torn through them. Buffy felt a light touch on her cheek at nearly the same time before…
“CLOCK OVER!” Tendou reappeared, his fist driving into Caleb’s chest, sending the priest flying backwards.

What they didn’t see
“CLOCK UP!”
Tendou charged forward, his kunai in hand as he approached the seemingly frozen Bringers. In truth, he was moving faster than anyone on Earth could follow as he sliced the kunai through their hearts. He stopped in front of Buffy, walking over to her and caressing her cheek lightly. “I will always be by your side,” he whispered, turning to Caleb, clenching his fist as he strode towards him.
“CLOCK OVER!”

Buffy watched as Caleb went flying. “How’d you do that?”
“I found my place,” Tendou said, moving forward with purpose. As Caleb clambered to his feet, Kabuto struck out with short, controlled jabs, each one forcing the fallen priest back. As he side stepped the latest attack, he stopped moving.
“1! 2! 3!”
“Rider…Kick…”
“RIDER KICK!”

As Caleb charged forward, Tendou spun, raising his foot into an explosive roundhouse kick. The First’s agent crumpled like a rag doll, his head coming off with a crack, splattering against the far wall.
“Holy shit!” Buffy gasped as Tendou looked at her. Buffy nodded, copying his trademark pose, one finger pointed to the sky, her fingers curled in a loose fist. Tendou nodded as the metal bug detached from his belt, flying out the room. Buffy looked at him a moment, before racing up to him and wrapping her arms around him. “I missed you, Tendou-kun.”
“Juka told me not to come home without you,” Tendou said with a small smile of his own. Buffy chuckled into his chest.
“Juka-chan said that, huh?”
“Yeah,” Tendou answered.
“Well, we shouldn’t disappoint her, I guess,” Buffy said, pulling away. “Let me grab something and let’s blow this pop stand.”

Slayer Central
“We should go look for her,” Dawn said.
“Why?” Kennedy said. “She’ll be back. Not like she can do anything without us to drag her ass out of the fire.”
“Watch your mouth, bint,” Spike warned.
“Or what, you’ll threaten me?” Kennedy sneered. Spike growled, struggling with his demon.
“He won’t have to blondie bitch,” Faith said, leaning against the door frame. “I’ll give you solo patrol.”
“You can’t do that!” Kennedy protested.
“You guys are the ones that put me in charge,” Faith said as everyone gathered in shock. “Shoulda thought of that in the first place.”
“Faith…” Willow began.
“Nuh uh, Red, no dice,” Faith said with a shake of her head. “You guys don’t realise somethin’, somethin’ I know from prior experience. You’re little group’s never been a democracy. Buffy has the ideas, you guys build on it. No voting , no ‘you’re not doing your job, you have to leave now’. That shit only started now you got the number to support you. Well, fuck that. You want me in charge, its Faith’s rules. People wanna start actin’ tough, they gotta back it up with actions. And one more thing,” she said with finality. “B’ll be back. Probably after going after whatever it is you dumb asses think ain’t down there. When she does, this cluster fuck of a group’s all hers, an’ she’s welcome to ya!” They all looked at Faith in shock as she walked out the door. She stopped momentarily, looking back. “If you wanna survive, start acting like it. Tonight’s it, ladies. Tomorrow we start trainin’. Really trainin’. There’s gonna be bumps and bruises, but me an’ Spikey are gonna make you wusses effective for a change. And when B gets back, we’re gonna get nasty. Hope you’re ready,” with that she walked out, leaving the Scoobies and potentials dumb founded. Spike merely grinned as he headed to the kitchen. That was fun to watch.

Outside, Faith was leaning against a wall, lighting up a cigarette. “That was a bit harsh,” Xander said from the door.
“And you guys kickin’ B out wasn’t?” Faith retorted.
“Had to be done.”
“’Cause she wasn’t bowin’ to your every whim?”
“That…”
“Totally believable,” Faith accused, turning to face him. “I don’t get it, Xand. You used to support her every decision. What happened?”
“Got hard to see where she was coming from,” Xander said, touching his eyepatch.
“Well, that’s fucked up. Looks like Caleb got what he wanted.”
“What’s that mean?” Xander asked. Faith looked him dead in the eye.
“He blinded the one who sees. You were the one that spotted the strengths in B’s plans and added your own. You spotted the risks and corrected ‘em as best you could. Without that, B’s lost her support. You let ‘im win,” Xander looked at her a moment, shocked.
“When’d you get so smart?” He asked.
“”Ya get a lot of time to think in prison,” Faith said, looking up at the stars. “I was trying to figure out how I could have added to the group, salvaged the sitch.”
“And?”
“B had Giles smarts, Willows magic, you backin’ her plans. Where does a second Slayer fit in?”
“That was the problem. We always thought of you as the second Slayer,” the two looked out at the street as Buffy walked towards them. They’d been so caught up in their own conversation, they hadn’t even noticed Tendou’s bike pull up.
“Took ya long enough,” Faith said with a smile. Buffy smiled back.
“Sorry. Had to find myself.”
“And did you?” Xander asked stoically. What happened next shocked him as much as Faith’s earlier revelations.
Buffy walked up to him and stared him straight in the eye. “Stop blaming me for your short comings, Harris. I’m not in the mood. You wanna complain about loosing your eye? Remember, you had a choice. You chose to follow me. This is war. People die, people get injured. You have a problem with that? You leave. This is my house, I pay the bills, I pay the mortgage. If you want to see some wannabe Potentials get taken down a notch, however…follow me,” Xander watched her as she entered the house. Tendou smiled as he walked past them.
“Grandmother said this: those with a destiny will gather the lost and the pathless easily. It’s easier to accept that fact than fight it.”
“Who the hell was that?” Faith asked as Tendou followed Buffy in. Xander shrugged, rubbing his eye before following them. Faith smiled. “Welcome back, B.”
Aussie Rider is offline   Reply With Quote