View Single Post
Old 01/11/15, 03:31 PM   #2
Jumbalia23
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Feelings on Samurai

In my opinion, there's no problem with sticking close to the sentai, but the problem with Samurai comes in when they try to do different things but don't go all the way with it. For example, the (Super) Mega/Shogun Mode suits were original (and gorgeous), but they were ultimately useless with the exception of Shogun Mode Red in the final battle. Also, plot threads would sometimes appear out of nowhere or dissapear after 1 or 2 episodes. Also, the dialogue was really clunky (probably because most of it was translated directly from Shinkenger). While I will admit that Super Samurai improved on almost of of these complaints, the final 5 episodes are where it really comes crashing down. Although I said there's nothing wrong with sticking close to the source material, by the end of the series, each season should have shaped some sort of identity, and the only identity that (Super) Samurai had was "American Shinkenger".

That's it, I said my piece, I'm done.

P.S. Dayu/Deker was probably the best part of Samurai and one of the only things they did better than Shinkenger
Jumbalia23 is offline   Reply With Quote