View Single Post
Old 03/14/15, 01:36 AM   #132
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was another weird one in that it was a good episode that could have been a great one but at the same time I understand why it happened.

I'll start by saying I liked the idea of Grimlord turning one of the Troopers into a mutant.

I also liked JB's mutant form, and his powers.

I also liked the fights like the one between JB, and the other mutants, the one with Ryan, and the one where they teamed up to fight the other mutants.

I also liked the Battle Grid fight with just JB I just wish they also had one in another episode where he won so we could see his return to reality thing by himself.

I also liked that the only thing I can think they skipped from the Metalder episode was a brief fight with Polarbot's counterpart that was already used in No One's Friend.

I also liked that they brought back that one Skug who was an inventor from Small but Mighty who will later learn is called Strickland when in that form.

I sometimes wish all of Grimlord's minions not just Skugs could assume human form because I always imagine Strickland being a human form of Icebot.

My only problem is that they couldn't think of anything to do with Kaitlin since even though nothing happens to her she's the only Trooper who never appears in any VR Trooper mode at all.

Especially since Grimlord warned to turn all the Troopers into mutants.

Like they had another Battle Grid segment of just Ryan, and Kaitlin, and either Kaitlin got hit by the slime, and became a mutant herself, or Ryan or Kaitlin destroyed the Skug that had the device that shot the slime before it could fire it, and they just returned to reality normally.

Especially since we never had two Battle Grid segments in an episode, or one with two Troopers, and this was the last time they had a Battle Grid segment in Season One.

Also this might sound weird considering how much I usually complain about stuff being taken out but I probably would have taken out the part where Air Striker, and the mutants in the van fired on Ryan, and he knocked the boulder off the cliff since it seemed like something I would have saved for an episode with just a Spielban monster as something for Ryan to do.

There's one last thing but it tries into why I think this episode turned out the way it did.

You see the Metalder episode this episode was based on was part of a story arc that included the episode Searching for Tyler Steele was based on, and the one that Mutant Mutiny is based on.

Long story short what happened is that the Metalder monster who became the unnamed female mutant dubbed Scarlet Seductress was the wife of the monster from Mutant Mutiny, and JB's monster form was their son.

Not only that but she fought Metalder in the episode that became Searching for Tyler Steele, and helped her son, and Metalder fight other mutants in the one that became this episode.

The problem is that the one time she fought Metalder he was in human form, and when she fought the other mutants her son was in human form.

Also her son was in human form during the fight with Venobot's counterpart, and half the fight with Bugbot's counterpart.

So it's more of a thing with the Metalder episode then this one.

Only 6 more episodes until the Season One finale

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote