View Single Post
Old 01/23/18, 06:00 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Why did they bother replacing Kim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More Pink View Post
I hate Kimberly and was glad to get rid of her. Ita very rare that I like any of the Pinks. And even then I wish tney had anlther color. Since I find it insulting that they have to have a token Pink Ranger most seasons.

But I find most of the Pink Rangers to be poorly written stereotypes. Kimberly is at the top of the list for me and my least favorite Ranger. So she has nothing to do with why I don't like Kat.

I actually really liked Kat as the evil spy. It doesn't mean I wanted her to remain a villian forever. I just didn't like her character when they made her Pink. She just became this weak character that only existed to be Tommy's new love interest. She losr a lot of the spunk she had before.

I would have just wrote her off once her villain arch was done. No replacement for Kim was needed. Worry about a Pink for Zeo then. Its. same Ohranger Yellow was gender neutral like Zyuranger Yellow. Its stupid that Toei puts skirts on characters that are female anyway.
wow harsh much? it's not their fault they have to deal with a Pink Ranger they're forced with what Toei gives them. I disagree with Kat becoming weak she still had some strong character points such as in the Brick Bully episode as well as when she and Tommy went to the Moon to get the Zeo Crystal but other than those episodes she really didn't have much.

OhYellow wasn't gender neutral she had a skirt someone might need to look again at their facts. Catherine wasn't hired to be just a villain and be done with her that wasn't why she was hired whoever became Kat was going to be replacing Kimberly. There was no changing their minds there.

I don't know why they put skirts on the female suits but for whatever reason there's some reason for why they did so just like why they decided on not going for skirts for Dekaranger even for the female suits.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote