View Single Post
Old 11/11/06, 06:10 AM   #7
jasull1
Putty Patroller

The Virginian you have made some good points but there is also error in you judgement. I am of Christian Faith although I am not a bible banger and I don't go to Church very often because too many people are there to make friends and I just want to pray and read the bible. I think that we should live and let live. Because in the end we can only answer for ourselves.

While yes Some Christian and Islamic people belive that their way is the only way. Some of us belive that as long as you are a decent person then you have just as good a shot as the rest of us. And the Koran and Bible can be interpreted many ways. While some belive the Koran says to kill infidels it also does say that killing is wrong. As far as treating People like Second class Citizens I don't agree with that but that is not my call.

Second you are right and wrong that some people use that belief that it is "God's Will" to do wicked things to one another. But the Key Word there is Some. PRangerX is also right that some use the teachings of all Religions as a guide to life and find morals. Once again that is some not all.

Third and finally I must say that I can only speak for myself and should not be asked to answer for what someone else did long before I was born. But Sometimes when you think you are doing the right thing there is nothing that anybody can do to talk you out of it. I am not making excuses for the people of the past they were idiots and there is no excuse for the things that they did. There is no excuse for Slavery, Taking the Native Americans off there land and killing them for not believing in Christ, The 9/11 attacks, or for that matter the way that people of the Islamic faith were treated after 9/11, The Burning of "Witches", The mistreatment of people during the Red Scare, The Holocost, the placing of Japanese-Americans in Holding Centers during WWII, and countless other events throught history. But even with the recent events of 9/11 and the following war you should not judge an entire group of people because of what a portion of that group may think or do.

This has to be the longest post I have ever had.
jasull1 is offline   Reply With Quote