View Single Post
Old 09/08/09, 08:46 PM   #6
Tendou
Ranger In Training

I do not believe that children are no longer interested in fantasy. In fact I think it is the total opposite. A show like Huntik did very well and I also believe it to be a very well made show. Something you don't see often on Saturday mornings anymore. All one million different TMNT shows and Yugioh are also faring well. These are all fantasy shows.

You have to put into consideration who truly is on those boards. It is not only children. There is a mixture of different age groups even though it should be only children. Certain people like to troll these forums. I wouldn't be surprised if our fellow Tokusatsu fans are the ones bashing the show every chance they get due to the fact that they don't believe anything made here in the U.S. can match the original.

Another aspect at work here is how taboo it has become to like certain shows. Power Rangers has made such a deep scar due to Disney's mishandling of the series. I don't believe this will continue for long though due to the change in the handling of PR and the handling of DK.

I do believe that the show is doing well. This can be evidenced in other countries picking up the show due to the reception. Even in Japan they are going to air it.(The original Ryuki actors will voice the characters.) I am hoping that DK will start a wave of Tokusatsu shows coming over here with original concepts. I would personally like to see either Blade or Kabuto remade like Ryuki was.