View Single Post
Old 04/17/11, 01:17 PM   #11
Shadow Ranger Blue
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Why did Dragon Knight fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Actually, I think one of the strengths of the show is that they didn't copy Ryuki and did their own thing.

Good point, about the heavy story arch making it hard for new viewers. Thats a problem that some adult fans have. While I personally like shows like that and loved that aspect of DK, it probably did hurt things. But I don't think they needed to do what Samurai did and not have a real origin episode.
I'm really glad they made their own storyline, but I still think it was just too slow to start off with. I really don't mind how Samurai started because you are dropped straight into the action and that's all kids care about. I think Saban will eventually go back and tell us how each Ranger came to the group, but right now its not what they want to do and I can understand that. Just coming back to the screen they have to make it fun for kids to get back into it. I just think if Dragon Knight had done the same thing it may have survived.
I think it could have been a better idea to aim the show at an older audience just because it could have worked. People like things like Batman, Superman, Spiderman, so why not a group of people running around in armour killing each other.
Shadow Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote