View Single Post
Old 01/16/18, 06:57 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Interesting topic from another board

Quote:
I never did get my head around what morphing did, exactly.
Supposedly it gave them powers, but how much so?
1. Kimberly was still sick with a cold, even after morphing. She was sneezing in her helmet.
2. Speaking of helmets, they could just take them off to talk to Zordon. So was it really just a costume?
3. Jason briefly fought with the Green Ranger, yet he wasn't destroyed or anything. It only got serious when the Green Ranger brought a sword to the fight.
4. What would happen if a handicapped person morphed?
5. The Blue Ranger could fight, but not Billy (at least initially).
6. I vaguely remember a kid morphing into an adult form in a later season.

I realize it's a kid's show and I'm probably over-analyzing this, but I can't wrap my head around the mechanics of it all. Perhaps the answers are in the Japanese version?
1. morphing just changes their appearance into their suit and if necessary it also sizes them up and also amps up their abilities. Some teams know abilities right away but there're those like RPM that didn't know them right away.

2. no it's not just a costume their suits have standby modes which is basically what I would say the helmetless function is for.

3. I believe that's because Tommy was already a skilled fighter and because of which his skills weren't increased that much unless he fought multiple Rangers.

4. The handicapped issue would be covered.
5. most Rangers automatically get the knowledge to get their skills including fighting skills depending on the team

6. that was Justin.

Quote:
And when he took HIS helmet off, would he be some kind of horrible child's head on a man's body mutant, or would he somehow instantly shrink down to 8-year-old size?
nope he was still the regular Justin just in a shorter suit.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote