View Single Post
Old 12/08/14, 01:45 AM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Should Power Rangers attempt continuing casts?

This post will be a response to PRangerX's top post only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I think Power Ranger's formula has become too stale and predictable. They have been following the Sentai route for years now. And many seasons since LR have heavily slaved to the Sentai in a lot of ways. NS and DT did try to be orginal in a lot of ways, especially DT.
I agree that the formula has gotten a bit stale and predictable and yes they have been slaves to the Sentai for the most part except for Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder and RPM.

Quote:
I think PR needs to regain its sense of innovation. They need to stop adapting themselves to the Sentai Footage. Instead they should adapt the Sentai footage to their own story. Look at how they were able to tell their own story from MMPR-Lost Galaxy. MMPR season 1 is nothing like Zuyranger. Look at Megaranger and Lost Galaxy. Two Sentai's that aren't space series. Yet they were able to make them about Ranger's in Space. Megaranger at least had some space visuals, Gingamen wasn't set in space at all.
I agree that it needs to regain its sense of innovation as well as individuality. I agree that instead of adapting the corresponding Sentai season they should just write their own story and use the Sentai footage to adapt to their own story much like how they were able to do so with MMPR, Zeo, Turbo and SPace.
I agree with you with Zyuranger and Megaranger and in regards to the actual season title it's Gingaman.

Quote:
You can tell that NS and DT tried to be innovative. And they were, but I think we should take it even a step father.
That they were and it helped that we had Execs that actually cared.

Quote:
I think its time they start going with continuing casts. Why do they have to reset every year? Because the Sentai does it? Thats not neccessarly what PR is. Why not try to do something innovative and keep a Ranger team around for a few seasons. You just have to make the power changes make sense. Which you could if you tell your own story and not slave to the Sentai. I'd like to see them commit to telling a three to five year story. Now I know long term planning is not what PR does. But I am saying plan on doing a three year arch and adapting to things as they go.
I actually think it'd be an interesting idea to start with the continuing casts but not as long as we're stuck in the Nick-forced scheduling but I do agree that they should do something different.

Quote:
NS and DT would have been great series to do this. Unfortinaly NS has the crutch of the Rangers being part of that Ninja School. If they were just regular teens that were recruited to stop Lothor, it would make more sense. DT would actually be perfect for cast continuation. Since they were regular teens in high school. Its more beleivable that they would be able to take tottally unrelated powers. You'd probably have to think outside of the box to adapt Dekaranger to this concept. But it didn't stop old school pr from doing this.
I agree that it would've been a perfect season to start the continuing storyline with Ninja Storm but because of the whole Ninja Academy thing I think Dino Thunder would have made a lot more sense to start the continuing storyline with.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote