View Single Post
Old 02/17/15, 06:24 AM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The Lost Galaxy Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero Galaxy View Post
I always thought the lost Galaxy Arch kinda sucked. It was wierd since the series was named Lost Galaxy and it ended up being a throwaway arch at the end of the season.

Captain Mutiney just didn't compare to Trakeena or any of the other villains. The episodes were born and it just felt like the show took a detour from the main plot. It was just a low point for what was other wise a strong season.
I agree that the naming was weird but it's possible that it was a reference to where their powers originated since some fans like to believe that Mirinoi was originally in the Lost Galaxy but somehow crossed over to our galaxy possibly as a result of the Galaxy Book spell that Deviot had read... it could've been a side effect.

I agree that Captain Mutiny just didn't stack up to Trakeena, Scorpius, Treacheron or Deviot. I didn't think all of the episodes that took place in the Lost Galaxy were boring but some of them were.
I'm sure it was just there as an excuse to use a bit more Sentai footage and as a way to get rid of Trakeena, Villamax, Kegler and Stingwingers for the time being since Trakeena and Stingwingers were American creations and while both Villamax and Kegler originated in Sentai all of their footage was reshot.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote