View Single Post
Old 09/26/06, 01:58 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Sep 26 2006, 04:14 PM
I wish they would hire the people who thought it was a great idea to take a tree hugging season of Sentai and turn it into a space colony looking to start a new civiliazation on a new world PR season. At least then you wouldn't have carbon copy seasons.

I don't even know why I bother with Mystic Force, it ain't bad, but it ain't good, The plots are strictly Magiranger plots with little to absolutely no variation. The variation the furthest from Magiranger is Udonna not 'dying' but they just captured her so they can do the quest the Magirangers went on to find her. So that variation is just about null and void now.
They didn't make Clare a carbon copy of her Sentai counterpart. Instead of having her have amnesia, she was the duaghter of the Gatekeeper. Plus the Legendarry Saints thing is tweaked top being about "ancient" Mystic Worriers ( ancient as in from 20 years ago lol). OF course the family aspect of the team is toned down to just being Udonna, Nick, and Leanbow. The Rangers did not get their Legend Armor the same way that the Magirangers got their armor. Leelee is an American orginal. As our Tobey and Phineas. I am not saying Mystic doesn't heavily copy the Sentai in a lot of key ways. But they do attempt to go about it in a bit of a different way.

However, it would be nice to have a season as original as LG again. I doubt we will see it. But it would be pretty fun to take a Sentai and completely manipulate the footage to produce an original concept. NS and DT obviously were made originally but they still kept their season's particular themes and weren't as epic as LG. But its probably as close as PR will come to being original from this point on.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote