View Single Post
Old 11/19/16, 01:31 PM   #2
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: End of Extinction Episode Discussion

Selling the planet for scrap, is a rather practical bad guy plan in the end. That's a though through villain scheme. "I wanna conquer! I wanna destroy" methods have no end game, Sledge at least has a long term plan.

Are they going to use the Spirit Bomb?

A black hole is a new way to dispose of the bad guy. It leaves a sci fi opening for a team up if they even do that again, though.

Oh man, we've seen the Earth conquered and attacked in bad future's before, but eaten by a Black Hole? That's a new one for PR.

Last episode surprise exposition is going to cost some points.

Time travel is the ultimate power? That's not even that unique of a power. You can get that far easier in the PRU, seems like a cheap ultimate power. Omniscient Reality Controlling Godhood, that's the kind of power I expected.

Still a little bummed the plan wasn't just to let Heckyl use the Dark Energem as a charger. Could easily claim he's immune to it now and have him morph to use the power to break Sledge's ship. A little weak explanation to get to the time travel deus ex machina.

Nice original fight footage for a last Sledge fight. Sledge's "hey how did you know?" was pretty good, too.

So wait, if they blew up Sledge and his forces in the sun, including the meteors. Does that mean the Dinosaurs don't die?

Ivan and Koda go home? Really thought they'd turn that down. James doesn't get to go redo the missing 20 years though? Deadbeat dad.

So, wait, Heckyl should be dead because of what they just did to Sledge's ship. Xenowing should be in space somewhere fighting Arcanon. I guess going back further fixes that for them. But what happens to Xenowing? Heckyl's a Keeper now, does Xenowing just go back to being random heroic alien warrior?

Shelby acknowledging calling Kendall, Kendall is weird. I laughed.

Dino Zoo? Whaaa. They broke time. So either DC is going to be its own universe from here on out, or the Christmas special fixes everything.

What happens when Ivan and Koda go home and find dinosaurs trashing their homes? Doesn't this mean Arcanon is still out there? If Heckyl is keeping the Dark Energem now, doesn't that mean they don't break it and the time travel power is undone? For such a good season the writing sorta of crapped out in the end.

As far as endings go, this was a little crammed feeling. Too much at once. The time travel should have been cut and they should have been able to use the Energems to close the black hole instead. Use the remaining time to wrap up and send off the characters.

It was a fun ride and a great cast and writing for a series overall, even if the ending crapped out a bit.

I'm going to freak out if Ninja Steel opens with a throwaway line about dino zoos though.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote